British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON 2021 finals Sat/Sun 16th/17th Oct- FINALS START AT 4PM BOTH DAYS

2 hours ago, PolskiZuzel said:

Very true...winning because of the opponent's misfortune is not a win...just luck.

Neverthelss what counts is an entry the history books.

Winning because of opponents misfortune!  They all had the same track to race on. Janowski chose the outside line, pity his team mate chose that also but was going slower then Janowski.

I saw someone with a Robert Lambert 505 flag, I don't suppose anyone knows where I can get one, my daughter wants one.

Thanks 

2 hours ago, customhouseregular said:

Great win though can’t disguise the fact we scored 10 points less than Poland. 

But it would have been totally boring if on Saturday you knew who was going to be champion because they were 10 points in the lead.           
Who would have guessed the in the final ride of the weekend a Pole was going to pick the same line his team mate in front also ended up on but going slower. End of. They should have sorted out what they were going to do before the race started. First and third would have been good enough but you can’t relax on BV track, they bottled it.

• Like 2

Watching the different angles of the final, which I didn't see on the UK coverage, it was a fairly strange fall for Maciej.

It really looked like something you would have expected him to be able to save. 

Great win for Lambert and Bewley! Poland not winning SON yet in four attempts according to Kelv. My heart bleeds for them ;):D

3 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Whoever wins this event will be a paper champion.

Everyone knows the real champions are Russia.

Just spent two days watching some fantastic Speedway and through all that time not one single Russian rider was on show...

And a couple of hours ago, they gave the World Championship Trophy to Great Britain...

I saw them do it....

And just checked the SON Website and it also confirms what I saw...

Great Britain are the World Champions...

You need to contact BSI or the FIM quick as obviously someone has got this wrong...

• Haha 2

I was surprised that BBC Sport site carried a report of the premiership final in the motor sport section, so hopefully the World Champions should get a big mention tomorrow on the Beeb somewhere. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Just spent two days watching some fantastic Speedway and through all that time not one single Russian rider was on show...

And a couple of hours ago, they gave the World Championship Trophy to Great Britain...

I saw them do it....

And just checked the SON Website and it also confirms what I saw...

Great Britain are the World Champions...

You need to contact BSI or the FIM quick as obviously someone has got this wrong...

He might be right, latest news on SGB website is still Poole thru to final

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, NSS1 said:

they have all rode it before in previous SON /world cup  only helstrom bangs hasn't the polish reserve also :party:

Wrong

44 minutes ago, andout said:

Cannot get over the negative crap on here.......Britain won fair and square, get over yourselves and enjoy a rare British win!

Remember the amount of idiots on here...

• Like 3

The format really rewards the team that has a very good / consistent number two rider, which Team GB certainly had in Woffinden and Bewley.. There's no denial that Zmarzlik was head and shoulders above the opposition, but Magic, was a bit too inconsistent.

It's all about not being last in a 4-3-2-0 format especially in the latter stages, so it's a well deserved win in my opinion. (albeit a bit lucky in the final when Janowski came to grief). 

5 minutes ago, Garry1603 said:

The format really rewards the team that has a very good / consistent number two rider, which Team GB certainly had in Woffinden and Bewley.. There's no denial that Zmarzlik was head and shoulders above the opposition, but Magic, was a bit too inconsistent.

It's all about not being last in a 4-3-2-0 format especially in the latter stages, so it's a well deserved win in my opinion. (albeit a bit lucky in the final when Janowski came to grief). 

Yeah, I guess its why it's called a Team event and not an individual event.

The final was all about Janowski, Zmarzlik had looked almost untouchable all weekend, so GB needed to pack out the minor places, which is what we did.  To finish first, first you have to finish.

4 minutes ago, idanthyrsus said:

Yeah, I guess its why it's called a Team event and not an individual event.

The final was all about Janowski, Zmarzlik had looked almost untouchable all weekend, so GB needed to pack out the minor places, which is what we did.  To finish first, first you have to finish.

Yes, and we did it well.