British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON 2021 finals Sat/Sun 16th/17th Oct- FINALS START AT 4PM BOTH DAYS

I had almost forgot the feeling of supporting the winning team it feels f##king awesome.Thank you boys for a great weekends racing.

32 years for a team GB win.

28 years for a Belle vue league win  :cry:

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 1

Slightly disappointing on the official website in the latest post congratulating team GB on their fantastic win, apart from his picture and name in the scorers, not a mention of Tom Brennen by name. Think 7 out if 8 points from his 2 rides deserved a mention, don't think we'd have qualified for the semis if he'd have scored 0,0.

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 7

Well done to our boys. 

Terrible way for Poles to lose final . Felt sorry for Janowski, him and Smarzlik going for same bit of track.

Would love if we went back to four riders (and reserve) in a team.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Slightly disappointing on the official website in the latest post congratulating team GB on their fantastic win, apart from his picture and name in the scorers, not a mention of Tom Brennen by name. Think 7 out if 8 points from his 2 rides deserved a mention, don't think we'd have qualified for the semis if he'd have scored 0,0.

GB finished 15 points ahead of Australia. Even if Kai Ward had ridden he'd have scored 4 points (both Brennan's races were against a single Swede). That would still have allowed us to squeeze into the semis by a mere 11 points.

But you can't fault Tom Brennan, and he certainly delivered under pressure in his Sunday ride, and like you I am underwhelmed by the speedwaygb coverage of our victory.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Just woke up,had to watch the final race again to make sure I hadn't dreamt it.What a night I love it,just love it.Get in there boys,will some of those have sore heads this morning:D:lol:

Still got a test match at Glasgow tomorrow, then I think there might be some celebrating after :t:

Well done to all involved with Team GB, especially the 4 riders. Unfortunate that Woffinden couldn't be there given that he pushed so hard for the professional setup they have now.

Tough on Poland given they finished so far in front but that's the way it goes sometimes. Always felt that whoever faced them in the final had a good chance against Janowski. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Well done to our boys. 

Terrible way for Poles to lose final . Felt sorry for Janowski, him and Smarzlik going for same bit of track.

Would love if we went back to four riders (and reserve) in a team.

Unfortunately, a lot of the competing countries don't have 4 capable riders at that level....

Certainly didnt feel sorry for the Poles !

Regarding those that say we were lucky? Tell me what was lucky about losing one of the best riders in the world on day one?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Pirate Nick said:

IMO it was Zmarzlik who lost the Poles the final. He drifted wide cutting off Janowkis’ run around the outside. Janowski has rolled off to avoid contact but he was in the dirt by then and as we saw rolling off in the dirt is never a good idea. It’s a pairs event and Zmarzlik should have had been looking for where his partner was rather than racing his own race.

Not sure I saw it that way.  From what I saw, Janowski went very wide on the 3rd bend.  There was no need to as he was miles ahead of Bewley.  He went so wide he couldn't turn the bike, so slowed down and then the front wheel bogged down in the mud.

Zmarzlik was well ahead and going faster, so Janowski would never have caught up with him.

Who knows what riders think when they make that split-second decision though.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NSS1 said:

no one beat him all weekend :party:

Madsen in heat 7.......just trawled back, see your previous posts, sorry marra.

Edited by singy13

25 minutes ago, idanthyrsus said:

Not sure I saw it that way.  From what I saw, Janowski went very wide on the 3rd bend.  There was no need to as he was miles ahead of Bewley.  He went so wide he couldn't turn the bike, so slowed down and then the front wheel bogged down in the mud.

Zmarzlik was well ahead and going faster, so Janowski would never have caught up with him.

Who knows what riders think when they make that split-second decision though.

I saw it the same way as you ,don’t think Smarzlik baulked Janowski,he just got out a bit to wide with speed he past the 2 Brits.Smarzlik look for Janowski in most of their heats once they had sorted themselves out.Unlucky for the Poles but even they knew it was only about that one race.Well done to the Brits.Janowski may have been the 2nd best Pole but he scored 30 pts hardly a weak link.

13 hours ago, mikebv said:

Come on now British Speedway. 

Dont balls this up and waste the opportunity to promote yourselves off the back of it...

Rob Godfrey is probably sat in his caravan this very morning formulating a plan to bring British Speedway back to the big time!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Paleco said:

Winner is, who score 3rd most points.B) Great advertise for speedway.

Surely no different to the playoffs in various countries and generally accepted, my team have had been on the right and wrong end of them, love it when it comes good, hated it when we came top and lost the playoffs, all part of speedway now, certainly seem to remember occasions where the top team in Poland didn't win the playoffs, 2 seasons ago?

• Like 1