British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON 2021 finals Sat/Sun 16th/17th Oct- FINALS START AT 4PM BOTH DAYS

35 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

A speedy recovery for Tai hopefully, but for me it was brilliant to have the group Team GB photographs without tattoos!!  (Just a personal view ;))

Speedway fans really will moan about anything.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, mickthemuppet said:

No S O N shoud have play offs and finals. Should have been 42 heats and that's it. Poland were far the best team and should have been crowned champions. Rather silly that the team scoring way more than any other  team only come second

Bore off.

For God's sake some are just never happy.

We are world champions if you can't enjoy that then sport (Any Sport) isn't for you.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

The disappointing thing about the U-21 rule is after the heroics of Bewley to come in & win on the second day, he'll probably be dropped for 2022!

Be our No1 rider by then hopefully :)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, eric i said:

I'd call it old fart syndrome.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Well done to the Brits.It was a great 2 days racing.Obviously You just need a moan today AT ME, feel free:cheers:

There's someone parked in my parking space at the moment and I don't know who, so I can't moan at them so you're welcome to this one

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mickthemuppet said:

No S O N shoud have play offs and finals. Should have been 42 heats and that's it. Poland were far the best team and should have been crowned champions. Rather silly that the team scoring way more than any other  team only come second

Viva G.B.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eric i said:

I just can't believe that so many can't just accept that G.B. won fair and square according to the rules set before the event.

Moaners is too kind to them they are just sad, sad people.

I've seen Dan mature from his Comet days.....in 2018 he fractured his femur into 3 pieces..was maybe career ending..and yesterday...

HE BECAME A WORLD CHAMPION!!!!!!!!

Oh go on then find a moan..some will eh! 

Edited by singy13
spelling/ wrong date
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SUPERACE said:

Bore off.

For God's sake some are just never happy.

We are world champions if you can't enjoy that then sport (Any Sport) isn't for you.

I'm with you marra.....what the heck makes some people unhappy is way beyond reason.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, singy13 said:

I just can't believe that so many can't just accept that G.B. won fair and square according to the rules set before the event.

Moaners is to kind to them they are just sad, sad people.

I've seen Dan mature from his Comet days.....in 1998 he fractured his femur into 3 pieces..was maybe career ending..and yesterday...

HE BECAME A WORLD CHAMPION!!!!!!!!

Oh go on then find a moan..some will eh! 

That's a bad injury for an 18y/o, never mind an embryo.:t:

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, nw42 said:

That's a bad injury for an 18y/o, never mind an embryo.:t:

Ha, ha yeah think it was dummy thrown from pram did it.. well spotted though

I thought it was a great spectacle which led to a superb finale. If, as you suggest, there were no play offs and final then the Sunday meeting would have been a dead rubber with no anticipation/excitement etc. and virtually nothing to play for.

Perhaps some Polish fans might agree with you but I'm sure the vast majority of people including neutrals, TV viewers etc would prefer it as it was. Sport is all about excitement/edge of your seat stuff right up until the final whistle and the SON for me truly delivered on that score.

• Like 1

I'm still very much chuffed about last night.I was thinking though what are the reactions of the  British riders like,King,the Worralls,Harris any British rider as a matter of fact.Were they jumping about in the middle of the room like me at the final race.Do they end up being fans like us shouting and sceaming,biting their nails having a few beers etc.Or do they just not bother with the being the fan bit.

• Like 1

Getting fed up of reading stuff like this....yes I know it's my choice to do it ta.....BUT every team knew the rules prior to the event, and no matter what the scores were after 42 heats there was always gonna be a top three finale ok.

Why not be happy G.B. won a trophy..at last ????????????

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I'm still very much chuffed about last night.I was thinking though what are the reactions of the  British riders like,King,the Worralls,Harris any British rider as a matter of fact.Were they jumping about in the middle of the room like me at the final race.Do they end up being fans like us shouting and sceaming,biting their nails having a few beers etc.Or do they just not bother with the being the fan bit.

Hope they were bothered though - because despite the veteran age of some they could perhaps still feature for G.B. sometime.......maybe depends if 'Captain Mainwaring' will allow it....bet 'Private Godfrey' won't be happy to see that scenario though.