British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON 2021 finals Sat/Sun 16th/17th Oct- FINALS START AT 4PM BOTH DAYS

19 minutes ago, singy13 said:

Getting fed up of reading stuff like this....yes I know it's my choice to do it ta.....BUT every team knew the rules prior to the event, and no matter what the scores were after 42 heats there was always gonna be a top three finale ok.

Why not be happy G.B. won a trophy..at last ????????????

I agree we all know the rules,but do we really need 42 hts over 2 days  to decide it,lucky was at  Belle Vue and the fans got real entertainment,if the Final had been at the venue that they held the Semi’s you would have been bored stiff.GB won it which is fair enough.Being honest your could have raced for a fortnight and still had the same top 3.Roll on 2022.Will GB have to qualify next year.?

Edited by Fromafar

24 minutes ago, singy13 said:

Getting fed up of reading stuff like this....yes I know it's my choice to do it ta.....BUT every team knew the rules prior to the event, and no matter what the scores were after 42 heats there was always gonna be a top three finale ok.

25 minutes ago, singy13 said:

I agree they all knew the rules,but do you really need 42 hts over 2 days to decide it.Lucky it was at Belle Vue and the fans got great entertainment,if it had been at the venue for the Semi’s the would have been bored stiff.GB were worthy winners,but you could have raced for a fortnight and got the same top 3.(Aussies might not agree).GB will have qualify for the final next year unless there is a rule change.

6 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Final only over 1 day next year as i posted earlier.

Makes more sense

• Like 1

1 hour ago, singy13 said:

Oh go on then find a moan..some will eh! 

Moaning about the moaners :rofl:

• Haha 2

Watched day 2 replay now (selected heats) ... still can't think what Janowski was doing in the final, was he trying to do what  did Hellström Bängs to him a few heats earlier to Zmarzlik? If so why? Not sure agree with Tatum that Zmarzlik got in his way.

Still no idea how Lambert overtook Madsen in the semi, not that it matters.

Other than that disappointed with Lebedevs & Australia, expected more, but Bellego surprised me maybe he will hold his own at Leszno.

I'll watch day 1 - couldn't attend  due to family wedding - at some point.

Congratulations to Tai (get well soon lad), Robert, Dan & Tom also Oliver & Simon .... superb effort from Team GB (including mechanics)

I was one of the Dan fans pre match and am very happy he got his chance 

Edited by Gr8scot
Error
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

I agree we all know the rules,but do we really need 42 hts over 2 days  to decide it,lucky was at  Belle Vue and the fans got real entertainment,if the Final had been at the venue that they held the Semi’s you would have been bored stiff.GB won it which is fair enough.Being honest your could have raced for a fortnight and still had the same top 3.Roll on 2022.Will GB have to qualify next year.?

2 days is double revenue… makes it far more financially stable

5 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

A speedy recovery for Tai hopefully, but for me it was brilliant to have the group Team GB photographs without tattoos!!  (Just a personal view ;))

This wasn't a moan. I wasn't unhappy or complaining. It was a great effort by Team GB with some memorable photographs.:t:

Well done GB...especially happy for Simon Stead.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KIRKYLANE said:

2 days is double revenue… makes it far more financially stable

It does in Britain and Poland not so sure about elsewhere.One man and his dog at the Semi Final ‘s they would be struggling financially on that one

18 minutes ago, Gr8scot said:

Congratulations to Tai (get well soon lad), Robert, Dan & Tom also Oliver & Simon .... superb effort from Team GB (including mechanics)

I was one of the Dan fans pre match and am very happy he got his chance 

I think there was actually a 5 man squad, not splitting hairs or nowt, im sure Steady said Jordan Palin was also part of the team as a back up under 21 rider i assume, and he was caught on camera congratulating Lambert/Bewley after the final race:t:

• Like 1

Loved the quote from Bewley.

"Once I saw Pole Magic Janowski had fallen, I knew we’d done it but still had to stay on for three laps."I must admit it felt like I'd forgotten how to ride a bike.My arms went weak knowing we were on the verge of gold".i

I must admit myself i was worried about an e/f for our riders plus Lambert getting to close to Zmarzlik that he might catch him and get excluded.But luckily there were no such dramas.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Loved the quote from Bewley.

"Once I saw Pole Magic Janowski had fallen, I knew we’d done it but still had to stay on for three laps."I must admit it felt like I'd forgotten how to ride a bike.My arms went weak knowing we were on the verge of gold".i

I must admit myself i was worried about an e/f for our riders plus Lambert getting to close to Zmarzlik that he might catch him and get excluded.But luckily there were no such dramas.

I was screaming at Lambert to not race Zmarzlik as Majic had got back on the bike and if he had got himself excluded by knocking Zmarzlik off, then it was all over...

He didn't seem to hear me though, or if he did, he ignored some good advice....... :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Col said:

Still no idea how Lambert overtook Madsen in the semi, not that it matters.

Madsen was trying to slow the race down, the commentators only noticed on final bend but he actually started slowing down off 2nd bend last lap but should have thought about it before then.

• Like 1