British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON 2021 finals Sat/Sun 16th/17th Oct- FINALS START AT 4PM BOTH DAYS

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

GB were worthy winners,but all this criticism of Janowski is pathetic,he is total World class made a small error and suddenly he is useless and a bottler.Get a grip. Did Tai not make a small error on the 1st day.

Anyway ,best wishes to Tai for speedy recovery.

To be fair, Janowski is a bottle job. This is not the first time he's let his country down hence why he always gets left out usually. This may well have been his last chance as a Polish International 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, singy13 said:

Good post enjoyed reading ta.....................but your actually on wrong night/nite marra. (was Saturday/Sunday event)

Tis true but it's what happens when posting early in the a.m. when supposed to be working :D....

5 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Good post, plus Adam Ellis.

Yeah forgot Ellis, GB future looks a tad better then :D....

Edited by martinmauger
disgraceful ommision of rider

1 hour ago, martinmauger said:

Tis true but it's what happens when posting early in the a.m. when supposed to be working :D....

Ha ha was still very readable.........and even though I don't work I'm equally guilty of typos......

7 hours ago, Trees said:

Yes he got caught out by the muck against the fence which imo should be pulled down by track rakers, they are even more important now we have air fences!

What happened to those rakers then ?  I also remember at Derwent Park they scraped dirt off the white fencing on all four bends, probably to help with riders focus regarding track and fence? The air fences do get dirty too so as you say surely important to be cleaned?

5 hours ago, Fromafar said:

GB were worthy winners,but all this criticism of Janowski is pathetic,he is total World class made a small error and suddenly he is useless and a bottler.Get a grip. Did Tai not make a small error on the 1st day.

Anyway ,best wishes to Tai for speedy recovery.

What do you mean all the criticism of Janowski is pathetic.All i have seen mainly is posters saying he made a mistake/error in that important race.Just the same as you.

19 hours ago, PolskiZuzel said:

The scoring system in SoN and its whole procedure is crazy. Can you imagine a football world cup final finishing in 3 : 0 for one team...and then to decide who is to be crowned world champion referee decides to have a penalty shoot out...Can anyone imagine this? because I can't, and yet in Speedway of Nations we have exactly this. Those who invented this  should have their heads examined.

Just checked on the result again..

Still says Great Britain won..

Poland were second

And Denmark third..

No mention of who beat who, and by how far, and how many times they did it in the qualifying races leading up to the Final...

A Final which ended, Zmarzlik, Lambert, Bewley, Janowski...

GB 5 - Poland 4...

I suspect as the years go by and it passes into the midst of time it will still only say..

2021 Speedway Of Nations 

1st Great Britain

2nd Poland

3rd Denmark...

How it all unfurled will be but a side issue...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

What do you mean all the criticism of Janowski is pathetic.All i have seen mainly is posters saying he made a mistake/error in that important race.Just the same as you.

You obviously have not read all the Posts,just look at the first reply to my Post.!!

44 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

You obviously have not read all the Posts,just look at the first reply to my Post.!!

There's been very few.The odd posters are known for certain remarks.In general though i would say above 90% of posters on here have merely stated Janowski made a mistake.I think you have taken an odd posters remarks to heart.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, PolskiZuzel said:

Tell me...what losing one of the best riders in the world on day one has to do with the final race...I will continue to say  that the British were lucky because Lambert and Bewley benefited on Janowski's misfortune.

download (1).jpg

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, singy13 said:

What happened to those rakers then ?  I also remember at Derwent Park they scraped dirt off the white fencing on all four bends, probably to help with riders focus regarding track and fence? The air fences do get dirty too so as you say surely important to be cleaned?

Yes you're probably right, the monster banners were completely obliterated by muddy shale!

On reflection, not sure what I enjoyed most? GB winning (simply coz I'm not used to it...) or the fact that we stuffed the Poles for a change ? 

It's great to 'shut up' their bullish following!

• Like 3

Does anyone know if this officially counts as another World title for Tai Woffinden?

If Tom Brennan is now a World Champion (as they were saying on BT Sport) then Tai must surely now be a four times champion.

1 hour ago, Grachan said:

Does anyone know if this officially counts as another World title for Tai Woffinden?

If Tom Brennan is now a World Champion (as they were saying on BT Sport) then Tai must surely now be a four times champion.

Anyone involved over the 2 days qualifies