British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON 2021 finals Sat/Sun 16th/17th Oct- FINALS START AT 4PM BOTH DAYS

1 minute ago, chunky said:

The standard of rider seems a little more equal today, so that should help...

What I said a few days ago, but I don't want to sound like a know all :D

Good race from kai

Edited by iris123

After all the horse-sh!t spoken by Castagna over the last few years in the instigation of this event and his vacuous defence of all its manifest imperfections ... and then Italy cant even come up with an Under 21 rider tonight.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Grand Central said:

After all the horse-sh!t spoken by Castagna over the last few years in the instigation of this event and his vacuous defence of all its manifest imperfections ... and then Italy cant even come up with an Under 21 rider tonight.

Paperwork still at the Argentina embassy or something ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I maybe late to the party but is there any obvious reason why last night's S-F had most of the stronger (I wont say strong because the quality of the riders in virtually all the teams is dire!) Countries in it whereas tonight's line up is an utter embarrassment to the sport?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ytsejam said:

I maybe late to the party but is there any obvious reason why last night's S-F had most of the stronger (I wont say strong because the quality of the riders in virtually all the teams is dire!) Countries in it whereas tonight's line up is an utter embarrassment to the sport?

Luck of the draw, perhaps?

8 minutes ago, chunky said:

Luck of the draw, perhaps?

OK if its just down to that................

Having just tuned in,this track looks awful.Is that a blue groove already.

3 minutes ago, ytsejam said:

OK if its just down to that................

Think about it, though.There are six standout nations in speedway at the moment; GB, Australia, Poland, Russia, Sweden, and Denmark. GB are seeded to the final, which leaves three in one semi, and two in the other. Had Laguta and Sayfutdinov been riding tonight, that would have been a little different, but it's not like we have a dozen nations battling it out at the top...

• Like 2

Just now, chunky said:

Think about it, though.There are six standout nations in speedway at the moment; GB, Australia, Poland, Russia, Sweden, and Denmark. GB are seeded to the final, which leaves three in one semi, and two in the other. Had Laguta and Sayfutdinov been riding tonight, that would have been a little different, but it's not like we have a dozen nations battling it out at the top...

Good point especially when guys competeting for lesser teams which could have caused more problems for the teams above either are missing (Zagar and Smolinski) or aren´t as good as they used to be (imo Milik and Lebedevs are a quite bit from their best form from a couple of years ago).

2 minutes ago, erinil1 said:

Good point especially when guys competeting for lesser teams which could have caused more problems for the teams above either are missing (Zagar and Smolinski) or aren´t as good as they used to be (imo Milik and Lebedevs are a quite bit from their best form from a couple of years ago).

Exactly. No different to the old World Team Cup (Bulgaria and the Netherlands trying to qualify) or World Pairs (Yugoslavia in the final).