British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON 2021 finals Sat/Sun 16th/17th Oct- FINALS START AT 4PM BOTH DAYS

8 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Sorry  Bewdley is not good enough yet at this level.  

These riders are GP sooperstars,  whilst young Bewdley is just beating everyone in the very poor  UK  "Premier League"

That's a bit harsh on Dan.

He's racing Polish Ekstraliga regularly and doing fairly nicely.

He finished ahead of Lambert in the SEC series and also ahead of him in the GP Challenge, suggesting that he's fairly comfortable at this level.

I did think that Dan might get the nod with his extra experience at the NSS and the fact that him and Tai race as a pair regularly for Wroclaw. Having said that, it's hard to argue against picking Robert with his regular GP appearances and slightly better average in the Polish Ekstraliga. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

If we follow your logic it would be Bewley and a Worrall- Madness !!!!

Have you watched Bewley at the NSS? I mean really honestly???

17 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Sorry  Bewdley is not good enough yet at this level.  

These riders are GP sooperstars,  whilst young Bewdley is just beating everyone in the very poor  UK  "Premier League"

At this level? Have you seen the line up? Smarzlik Doyle Woffenden then what? Out of form Janowski ditto Madsen ,Swedes look weak and French and Latvians not anywhere near this 'level'....lots of bearable riders around a track he knows blindfolded slick or grippy....not good enough? Wow!

• Like 1

I fully understand the upset of some with Bewley's exclusion but his performances at the NSS in the British Premiership isn't a reference for this meeting. None of the SON rider's apart from Brennan rides here week in week out. 

The gulf in standard between the Premiership & SON is absolutely huge, there is no advantage to racing for Belle Vue in this calibre of racing. 

It makes sense to go with the 2 SGP rider's, plus Lambert's most recent form has been very good

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Would have thought it was a no brainier selecting Dan.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, eric i said:

What if two teams finish on the same points?

If it’s 2 teams tied it’s head to head over the 2 days. If that can’t split them it’s bonus points that are then used to decide.

if it’s more than 2 teams tied it’s bonus points that decide.

if this still doesn’t decide it then 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th are counted .

if that doesn’t decide it then the higher ranked side finishes above the other team(s)

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

Wow ! indeed Hagon shocker.  Yes I have seen the line up :-)  Woffinden and Lambert , England's 2 Grand Prix sooperstars surely must be amongst the strongest PAIR on current form.  The track will be prepped by some clowns from the FIM no doubt completely differently to  normal ......... and even your weak nations will look like champions once they get out of the gate in front and will nigh on  impossible to pass.

Thought the idea was to win the SON and thus beat the likes of Zmarslik Doyle Madsen Janowski ?????  Or should the selectors just pick a local home favourite who can beat anyone in the "UK Premier League" at the NSS ! !  Just look at the regular opposition he faces in the Premier League.  :-( :-(

No Bewdley isn't good enough YET. His time will come .... I would not be naming him in preference to our 2 GP riders.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Wow ! indeed Hagon shocker.  Yes I have seen the line up :-)  Woffinden and Lambert , England's 2 Grand Prix sooperstars surely must be amongst the strongest PAIR on current form.  The track will be prepped by some clowns from the FIM no doubt completely differently to  normal ......... and even your weak nations will look like champions once they get out of the gate in front and will nigh on  impossible to pass.

Thought the idea was to win the SON and thus beat the likes of Zmarslik Doyle Madsen Janowski ?????  Or should the selectors just pick a local home favourite who can beat anyone in the "UK Premier League" at the NSS ! !  Just look at the regular opposition he faces in the Premier League.  :-( :-(

No Bewdley isn't good enough YET. His time will come .... I would not be naming him in preference to our 2 GP riders.

Britain’s

11 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Would have thought it was a no brainier selecting Dan.

Agreed :t:

Especially choosing horses for courses! And Dan as got more horses than anyone around the NSS.

11 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Robert Lambert really does get some special treatment doesn't he.

No reason to pick him over Dan Bewley at all. 

Could see the point if Robert challenged at top of GPS but he didn’t. Think Dan with home track advantage should be in.

1 hour ago, one of clubs said:

He last won a meeting against inferior opposition over three years ago, (and has hardly rode it since) and that qualifies him over Dan Bewley?. OMG.

He rode there three times in 2019, twice for Lynn and once for GB U21 when he scored 20 points in the WTC. 

People are saying it was a 'no brainer' but I don't think it was at all, it was a fag paper choice and they've gone with the extra big meeting experience of Robert over the NSS experience of Dan. I think most people would recognise that both have had good years and either could have been selected with a good case for their inclusion and wouldn't complain about either being picked.

• Like 1

Just now, Endeavour said:

Could see the point if Robert challenged at top of GPS but he didn’t. Think Dan with home track advantage should be in.

100% Dan knows every inch of the track by now and I'd be more confident in him taking points off Janowski, Madsen and co. then Lambert who's let us down in the Nations before as well as having limited knowledge of the BV circuit as he hasn't ridden the track for a couple of years.

1 minute ago, Endeavour said:

What about scoring double figures in GP's and getting to semi finals? He has had a strong finish to the GP season and had an excellent year in the Extraliga as well as having ridden  in numerous SoN and SWC meetings. I wouldn't have disagreed if Bewley had got the nod but folk saying it was clear cut and obvious to pick him are wide of the mark. It must have been a very difficult decision and could have gone either way.