British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON 2021 finals Sat/Sun 16th/17th Oct- FINALS START AT 4PM BOTH DAYS

Dan finished higher in the SEC and GP Challenge too.

Track record holder around the NSS.

Tai has taken Dan under his wing at Wroclaw too so the team bond would be much better.

Woeful decision.

Edited by KingoftheTrack

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

What about scoring double figures in GP's and getting to semi finals? He has had a strong finish to the GP season and had an excellent year in the Extraliga as well as having ridden  in numerous SoN and SWC meetings. I wouldn't have disagreed if Bewley had got the nod but folk saying it was clear cut and obvious to pick him are wide of the mark. It must have been a very difficult decision and could have gone either way.

I didn’t say it was clear cut. If the NSS wasn’t Bewley’s home track it wouldn’t even be up for discussion, Robert would get the nod then.

2 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

A change can be made either before day 1 or 2 in case of injury.

So if riders not performing on day 1 they could pull a sickie and bring in the standby for day 2?

4 minutes ago, eric i said:

So if riders not performing on day 1 they could pull a sickie and bring in the standby for day 2?

They could try but the FIM international Jury will have the last say and might not allow it.

Edited by racers and royals

8 hours ago, PirateShip said:

I'm there Sat & Sun, stadium may be a tad empty on Friday! :D

Banger racing friday night the coincil have to maximise profits at the stadium :D

• Haha 1

Is it too late to change the U21 rider ;)

After tonight the wrong U21 has been chosen 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

After tonight the wrong U21 has been chosen 

I've said before it's  woeful not one of our  top two riders ride in this country

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ray c said:

I've said before it's  woeful not one of our  top two riders ride in this country

I can’t blame them. Go where the money is. A speedway riders career is short enough, but at any time that could be shortened even more (ie Darcy Ward).         
And to be at the top and stay there, you need to be mixing it with the best.        
The meeting at BV last night showed that if the track is right the racing can be tops, the elderly riders proved that. British speedway, in the palace it is now, does not need the expensive top Brits. The top Brits can be seen on TV, You Tube etc.  if they appeared in the uk are the younger fans going to flood to the stadium. No. British speedway has to move on and accept its at the bottom, and work from their. Everyone seems to moan  British speedway is not a £20 per meeting sport, but wants to see top Brits racing, who is going to pay them.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

I can’t blame them. Go where the money is. A speedway riders career is short enough, but at any time that could be shortened even more (ie Darcy Ward).         
And to be at the top and stay there, you need to be mixing it with the best.        
The meeting at BV last night showed that if the track is right the racing can be tops, the elderly riders proved that. British speedway, in the palace it is now, does not need the expensive top Brits. The top Brits can be seen on TV, You Tube etc.  if they appeared in the uk are the younger fans going to flood to the stadium. No. British speedway has to move on and accept its at the bottom, and work from their. Everyone seems to moan  British speedway is not a £20 per meeting sport, but wants to see top Brits racing, who is going to pay them.

I agree sad though .sooner have dan instead of robert

It's mind blowing that some are angry at the selection of Lambert. He's in the top 10 in both the GPs and the best league in the world. He was top of his team's averages whereas Bewley was just about 4th. He's has had a good season but Lambert has the experience of top level events. We all know the FIM track prep virtually removes home track knowledge so Lambert is a no brainer for me

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1