British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON 2021 finals Sat/Sun 16th/17th Oct- FINALS START AT 4PM BOTH DAYS

12 minutes ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

This event is dreadful.

Too many crap teams taking part.

Not being entirely up to speed with this, why are the Russians not here?

2 hours ago, Rob B said:

GB did but didn't the rules change after that? Poland were 5-1'd by Russia wasn't a split heat.

Yep,sorry.I for some reason was just thinking who actually top scored over the 2 days and imo should of been crowned champions.

14 minutes ago, idanthyrsus said:

Track looks very different to yesterday

There's a lot of footprints on it!

At least with Dan riding it'll put an end to the debate of whether he should have been picked ahead of Tai or Rob.

Should be fun :lol:

15 minutes ago, bill94d said:

Their top riders boycotted the semi-final due to lack of funding by their federation. 

15 minutes ago, bill94d said:

I believe they expected Laguta and Emil to essentially work for free, and were giving them next to no support, so they declined to participate. The replacements just weren't good enough to qualify.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

This event is dreadful.

Too many crap teams taking part.

Which teams? They all put in a good account yesterday, apart from Sweden who had pretty compelling mitigating circumstances (and Hellstrom-Bangs certainly did better than many expected).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WembleyLion said:

I’m not entirely sure of the logic but that’s what the rules state - no replacement allowed!

Which makes sense if the rule is consistent - but it wasn’t.

Hellstrom-Bangs replaced Aspgren in the Re-run of heat 6. How did that happen? I didn’t understand that at all, especially given the other riders couldn’t be replaced later. Did anyone else notice that?

5 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

Hellstrom-Bangs replaced Aspgren in the Re-run of heat 6. How did that happen? I didn’t understand that at all, especially given the other riders couldn’t be replaced later. Did anyone else notice that?

It is purely and simply - the U21 can replace injuries but not starting offences. 

https://www.fim-moto.com/fileadmin/library/FIM_Speedway_of_Nations_rulebook_-_16.12.2020.pdf

Edited by racers and royals

3 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

I _believe_ that happened from the start.  But the announcements throughout the meeting were either non-existent or wrong

4 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

He replaced a rider that was injured and not excluded.