British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON 2021 finals Sat/Sun 16th/17th Oct- FINALS START AT 4PM BOTH DAYS

Maybe it's to let his brother ride?

Or his nephew?  Or is he U21 so already there?

(Or maybe he just can't be arsed)....:D

11 hours ago, racers and royals said:

And now no Emil Sayfutdinov- looks as if it`s Borodulin, Logaczov and karion

Is there a published reason why Emil and Artem have withdrawn.

I agree with the sentiment that this devalues the final and I can understand the anger from those who have bought tickets, booked hotels etc. I too am upset that we may not see the best from all of the competing nations. I have tickets and the prospect of seeing Tai, Bartosz, Emil, Artem etc. live, was something I was really looking forward to.

5 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Is there a published reason why Emil and Artem have withdrawn.

I agree with the sentiment that this devalues the final and I can understand the anger from those who have bought tickets, booked hotels etc. I too am upset that we may not see the best from all of the competing nations. I have tickets and the prospect of seeing Tai, Bartosz, Emil, Artem etc. live, was something I was really looking forward to.

Pretty sure it`s a long standing dispute with  the Russian federation about funding- they have only competed the last few years with help from Polish sponsors

Edited by racers and royals

4 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Pretty sure it`s a long standing dispute with  the Russian federation about funding- they have only competed the last few years with help from Polish sponsors

Would the FIM not have something to say about any nation not fielding it's best "team"? I realise Russia (or whatever we are supposed to call them while they are banned from competing under that name) can send (invite) whoever they want. But surely the governing body want the SON to be a showcase for speedway. Having the commentators on the day constantly referring to the absence of the reigning champions best riders, doesn't do the sport any good whatsoever.

26 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Would the FIM not have something to say about any nation not fielding it's best "team"? I realise Russia (or whatever we are supposed to call them while they are banned from competing under that name) can send (invite) whoever they want. But surely the governing body want the SON to be a showcase for speedway. Having the commentators on the day constantly referring to the absence of the reigning champions best riders, doesn't do the sport any good whatsoever.

Then the FIM  need to do something about the poor money on offer !!!- includes travel, hotel for the whole comp- team manager etc(semi`s and final) in US dollars

1st 20’000. - 2nd 18’000. - 3rd 16’000. - 4th 14’000. - 5th 12’000. - 6th 11’000. - 7th 10’000. - 8th 4’500. – 9th 4’500. - 10th 4’000. - 11th 4’000. - 12th 3’500. - 13th 3’500. - 14th 3’500. – 15th 3’500.

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Then the FIM  need to do something about the poor money on offer !!!- includes travel, hotel for the whole comp- team manager etc(semi`s and final) in US dollars

1st 20’000. - 2nd 18’000. - 3rd 16’000. - 4th 14’000. - 5th 12’000. - 6th 11’000. - 7th 10’000. - 8th 4’500. – 9th 4’500. - 10th 4’000. - 11th 4’000. - 12th 3’500. - 13th 3’500. - 14th 3’500. – 15th 3’500.

Thanks R&R. Most of us pass judgement with half the facts (actually probably less than half). That prize money certainly puts the whole competition into a whole different light. I guess the only positive you can draw from those figures is that at least the teams have a bit more each now that its a pairs competition rather than the proper team competition it's supposed to be.

1 minute ago, False dawn said:

Thanks R&R. Most of us pass judgement with half the facts (actually probably less than half). That prize money certainly puts the whole competition into a whole different light. I guess the only positive you can draw from those figures is that at least the teams have a bit more each now that its a pairs competition rather than the proper team competition it's supposed to be.

That was one reason why it was changed.

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

That was one reason why it was changed.

To think we once had both the World Pairs and the World Team Cup. That's a sad thought now I write it down. :sad:

• Like 1

I watched BV v Sheffield last night on Quest.

I would say that GB team has to be Woffinden, Bewley and Tom Brennan as the under 21.

When the GPChallenge was from Glasgow a good few weeks ago, I watched via stream and was very impressed with Brennan. Now even more so after watching him v Sheffield on Monday. Great potential.  However, he will be in Poland in a couple years time if he carries on developing as he is.

22 hours ago, racers and royals said:

If they're not actually Russia, I suppose there's no reason why they couldn't track non Russian riders? Should get a Polish B team in with help from Polish sponsors

MONSTER ENERGY SON SEMI-FINAL SQUADS (in draw order):
SEMI-FINAL 1 – FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 17
TEAM A – USA

1. Broc Nicol
2. Luke Becker
3. Dillon Ruml
U21 1. Blake Borello
U21 2. Anthony Dion
Team Manager: Steve Evans

TEAM B – POLAND
1. Maciej Janowski
2. Dominik Kubera
3. Bartosz Zmarzlik
U21 1. Wiktor Lampart
U21 2. Jakub Miskowiak
Team Manager: Rafal Dobrucki

TEAM C – CZECH REPUBLIC
1. Vaclav Milik
2. Josef Franc
3. Daniel Klima
U21 1. Jan Kvech
U21 2. Petr Chlupac
Team Manager: Filip Sitera

TEAM D – DENMARK
1. Leon Madsen
2. Mikkel Michelsen
3. Anders Thomsen
U21 1. Mads Hansen
U21 2. Jonas Seifert-Salk
Team Manager: Hans Nielsen

TEAM E – SLOVENIA
1. Matic Ivacic
2. Nick Skorja
U21 1. Anze Grmek
Team Manager: Gregor Arnsek

TEAM F – SWEDEN
1. Fredrik Lindgren
2. Pontus Aspgren
3. Jacob Thorssell
U21 1. Philip Hellstrom-Bangs
U21 2. Alexander Woentin
Team Manager: Morgan Andersson

TEAM G – FINLAND
1. Timo Lahti
2. Tero Aarnio
3. Jesse Mustonen
U21 1. Timi Salonen
U21 2. Roni Niemela
Team Manager: Jyri Palomaki

SEMI-FINAL 2 – SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 18
TEAM A – ITALY

1. Nicolas Covatti
2. Paco Castagna
3. Nicolas Vincentin
U21 1. Michele Menani
Team Manager: Alessandro Dalla Valle

TEAM B – AUSTRALIA
1. Jason Doyle
2. Max Fricke
3. Jack Holder
U21 1. Keynan Rew
U21 2. Matthew Gilmore
Team Manager: Mark Lemon

TEAM C – UKRAINE
1. Aleksandr Loktaev
2. Vitalii Lisak
3. Stanislav Melnychuk
U21 1. Marko Levishyn
U21 2. Andryi Rozaliuk
Team Manager: Sergey Lyatosinskyy

TEAM D – MFR
1. Sergei Logachev
2. Vladimir Borodulin
U21 1. Mark Karion
Team Manager: Tatiana Savina

TEAM E – LATVIA
1. Andzejs Lebedevs
2. Jevgenijs Kostigovs
3. Olegs Mihailovs
U21 1. Francis Gusts
U21 2. Daniils Kolodinskis
Team Manager: Vladimir Ribnikovs

TEAM F – GERMANY
1. Kai Huckenbeck
2. Martin Smolinski
U21 1. Nick Blodorn
Team Manager: Herbert Rudolph

TEAM G – FRANCE
1. David Bellego
2. Dimitri Berge
U21 1. Steven Goret
Team Manager: Laurent Sambarrey

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/4/2021 at 3:30 PM, KeirStarmerFan said:

Whoever wins this year will be a paper champion.

Everybody will know Emil and Artem are the real champions.

Don’t agree with that……. You got to be in it to win it. Those two have chosen not to be in it.

• Like 1