British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON 2021 finals Sat/Sun 16th/17th Oct- FINALS START AT 4PM BOTH DAYS

2 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

NOT sure about Manchester in October ...

it's been dry last two years and was dry this year when lublin was wet you do know it can rain anywhere and the it always rains in manchester is a myth even it does the NSS can handle it lie we have all witnessed :party:

3 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Jack Holder won't be impressed

2 hours ago, geoff58 said:

it's been dry last two years and was dry this year when lublin was wet you do know it can rain anywhere and the it always rains in manchester is a myth even it does the NSS can handle it lie we have all witnessed :party:

NOT just rain. Can be bit chilly at that time of the year. No matter where it is held, would prefer an earlier date but so be it.

56 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

NOT just rain. Can be bit chilly at that time of the year. No matter where it is held, would prefer an earlier date but so be it.

The seats are all heated at the NSS.  Flick the button under the seat. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

Holding it in Poland in October turned out so well ...

BUT that wasn't the original date and ultimately there really wasn't a choice especially after Torun say no feeling it was too soon after their SGP double header

23 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

We had lots of British League riders Championships at Hyde road in October that produced racing far superior racing than any Individual World  final.... 25,000 capacity crowds at it’s peak.

Yes it would be better in the summer... but they have chosen October

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

We had lots of British League riders Championships at Hyde road in October that produced racing far superior racing than any Individual World  final.... 25,000 capacity crowds at it’s peak.

Yes it would be better in the summer... but they have chosen October

I KNOW, was at many. Perhaps I just feel the cold more now

4 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

BUT that wasn't the original date and ultimately there really wasn't a choice especially after Torun say no feeling it was too soon after their SGP double header

Well we know all that, we were here watching it unfold .... But bloody stupid to choose to put themselves in the same position with the best part of 12 months notice.

Seems strange for this to be the way BSI want to bow out ... With a potential Lublin repeat.

PS ... was at nearly every one of the BLRCs from early 70s to the closure of Hyde Road ...often spent the day watching the weather fearing a rain off and travelled in trepidation, frozen stiff on the night but with rose tinted specs it all seems marvellous ... Reality can be cruel.

Edited by Grand Central

20 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

if you watched the stream of the peter craven meeting in october the racing was fantastic no doubt with the worlds best there no reason why it won't be the same !! weather permitting !!

• Like 1

The is pessimism about rainfall on two days that are 11 montyhs away.    My positive thought says it will be nice weather.    Some people just want something to moan about.

I've told you before the seats at the NSC have a heater so just flick the switch under the chair and you will think your in the Canaries.

26 minutes ago, Mark said:

The is pessimism about rainfall on two days that are 11 montyhs away.    My positive thought says it will be nice weather.    Some people just want something to moan about.

I've told you before the seats at the NSC have a heater so just flick the switch under the chair and you will think your in the Canaries.

I'm not sure which site to trust as rainfall stats for Manchester seem to be different on many of them, but the first one that came up when I searched on Google said that October was the month with the most rain in Manchester, although November was the month with the most rain days.
As I say, other sites seem to disagree with this, but October still seems to be high in the chart of months with the most rain in Manchester.
It just seems a strange choice to take the risk to go with one of the wetter months.

As for the heated seats...You do know that the BV stadium isn't an all seater one, yeah? :unsure: