British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON 2021 finals Sat/Sun 16th/17th Oct- FINALS START AT 4PM BOTH DAYS

14 hours ago, HenryW said:

I'm not sure which site to trust as rainfall stats for Manchester seem to be different on many of them, but the first one that came up when I searched on Google said that October was the month with the most rain in Manchester, although November was the month with the most rain days.
As I say, other sites seem to disagree with this, but October still seems to be high in the chart of months with the most rain in Manchester.
It just seems a strange choice to take the risk to go with one of the wetter months.

As for the heated seats...You do know that the BV stadium isn't an all seater one, yeah? :unsure:

rain in october in manchester  is no different to anywhere else its been dry the last two years it's all stupid myths :rofl:

22 hours ago, HenryW said:

As for the heated seats...You do know that the BV stadium isn't an all seater one, yeah? :unsure:

The main stand defintely has heated seats Henry.   Someone else back me up.  

46 minutes ago, Bendonebunching said:

Does anyone know if this is an afternoon or evening meeting. 

I think the last time Manchester held the meeting it was Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. 

5 hours ago, Mark said:

I think the last time Manchester held the meeting it was Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. 

no it was friday & saturday nights !!

34 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

When the nights were light and warm - not October.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

I got that all wrong. 

4 hours ago, Mark said:

I got that all wrong. 

No, you were half right. Saturday race was in the evening as you said. :)

4 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

When the nights were light and warm - not October.

just correcting him on the actual times of day !!

Now the dates have been announced for October does anyone know when the dates up to claim a refund. Still having a think what to do. Thought I might have got another email once the dates were released

On 11/22/2020 at 9:57 AM, bruno said:

Now the dates have been announced for October does anyone know when the dates up to claim a refund. Still having a think what to do. Thought I might have got another email once the dates were released

Originally 31st Oct,but then up to 30days after  when the new date was Officially released.It does say you would be contacted.

11 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Originally 31st Oct,but then up to 30days after  when the new date was Officially released.It does say you would be contacted.

Quite right. The original email said we will get another 30 days to apply for a refund following the announcement of a new date.

However, reading the Belle Vue announcement for next year's dates, they are described as provisional so I assume (?) we won't be given an opportunity to get a refund until the date is confirmed. Whenever that might be.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Quite right. The original email said we will get another 30 days to apply for a refund following the announcement of a new date.

However, reading the Belle Vue announcement for next year's dates, they are described as provisional so I assume (?) we won't be given an opportunity to get a refund until the date is confirmed. Whenever that might be.

IMO the sensible thing would have been to refund everyone and start with a clean sheet when everything is confirmed for next year.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2020 at 9:58 AM, Fromafar said:

IMO the sensible thing would have been to refund everyone and start with a clean sheet when everything is confirmed for next year.

unless ticket sales were pretty good and they are a bit worried about selling as many next year?

8 hours ago, stevehone said:

unless ticket sales were pretty good and they are a bit worried about selling as many next year?

When I made my choice to not take a refund, I did have it in mind that the demand for tickets could be significantly higher next year after this year's drought.
And maybe the psychological effect of already having my tickets i.e. whenever this meeting is held, I know I'll be there, has a positive effect on me.