British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON 2021 finals Sat/Sun 16th/17th Oct- FINALS START AT 4PM BOTH DAYS

On 10/19/2021 at 12:25 PM, Fromafar said:

GB were worthy winners,but all this criticism of Janowski is pathetic,he is total World class made a small error and suddenly he is useless and a bottler.Get a grip. Did Tai not make a small error on the 1st day.

Anyway ,best wishes to Tai for speedy recovery.

Isn't that what I said? He seemed to panic hence why he fell off...no mention of bottling but it wasn't purely misfortune same as Tai. Or are you agreeing with me and just criticizing others?

Bring back the one day World Team Cup i say...

6 hours ago, hagonshocker said:

Isn't that what I said? He seemed to panic hence why he fell off...no mention of bottling but it wasn't purely misfortune same as Tai. Or are you agreeing with me and just criticizing others?

I am agree with you regarding he made a mistake,I was criticising others who were making other remarks about him.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2021 at 8:51 AM, GiveusaB said:

On reflection, not sure what I enjoyed most? GB winning (simply coz I'm not used to it...) or the fact that we stuffed the Poles for a change ? 

It's great to 'shut up' their bullish following!

We usually stuff the Poles... it's the Ruskies we can't stuff.

For me it was just good to see big time Speedway back in this country after a break of nearly 2 and a half years. To see the worlds best riders racing for a competition they are actually invested in winning, compared to the general dross that is league racing in this country (play offs exempted) was a refreshing change.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, sandking072 said:

Was there a time announced for the final race on Sunday? Or was it just too bonkers to hear anything?

65.31 according to the Official Spreadsheet. :)

• Like 1

Fantastic guys..even people who don't know about speedway heard it on the news. Daft scoring, but thems the rules, and GB are World Champions :party::cheers:

Good to see this finally recognised on BBC Breakfast this morning. 

Edited by Noodles

1 hour ago, Noodles said:

Good to see this finally recognised on BBC Breakfast this morning. 

And a reasonable piece it was. 2 or 3 minutes in the sports update on the half hour. I assume it will be repeated today on the BBC News channel if you want to see it.