British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mikebv

No Government Support?

Is that correct?

Surely Speedway ranks alongside a few of those that have got money off the Government.?

Be interesting to find out why if they are not part of the handout.. 

6 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Is that correct?

Surely Speedway ranks alongside a few of those that have got money off the Government.?

Be interesting to find out why if they are not part of the handout.. 

Put it this way, the government will be trying to eradicate Speedway in the near future as they use combustion engines so why pay out £1000s now. 

Lets be frank here, Speedway needs a massive rethink if we want to still see it come 2030 & beyond 

Would think speedway is in a better position than most other motor sports to retain the combustion engine after 2030 as methanol has zero emissions. Will only need the riders and crowd to attend in electric vehicles.

• Like 2

This is not meant to be Anti Speedway, but it bemuses me that some seem to think  the Government has unlimited amounts of money available to bale out everything and everybody.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

This is not meant to be Anti Speedway, but it bemuses me that some seem to think  the Government has unlimited amounts of money available to bale out everything and everybody.

I think it’s more the case that eleven sports which aren’t football are to receive handouts and if speedway isn’t part of that then it would be interesting to know why not. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think it’s more the case that eleven sports which aren’t football are to receive handouts and if speedway isn’t part of that then it would be interesting to know why not. 

Think it depends on what the money is for. If it is to support grass roots local community sports, then speedway is way down the list in participation I would think. Lot lower than 12th even

Just now, iris123 said:

Think it depends on what the money is for. If it is to support grass roots local community sports, then speedway is way down the list in participation I would think. Lot lower than 12th even

Rugby League doesn't come into that category  

1 hour ago, Ramsbottom said:

Would think speedway is in a better position than most other motor sports to retain the combustion engine after 2030 as methanol has zero emissions. Will only need the riders and crowd to attend in electric vehicles.

There's not a lot of atmosphere now, with electric motors and no noise it will be dead. 

3 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Rugby League doesn't come into that category  

No ? Not played in schools or local teams ? Just professional ? Must say my knowledge of the sport I practically zero. But thought it was played in schools up north at least

46 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Well the government did stop spectators attending so they should help out if clubs require it.

Edited by Tim G

29 minutes ago, iris123 said:

No ? Not played in schools or local teams ? Just professional ? Must say my knowledge of the sport I practically zero. But thought it was played in schools up north at least

Rugby union will receive almost half the Government's new £300 million bailout, it emerged on Thursday as ministers also confirmed they were leaving the "door ajar" for the potential return of fans by Christmas.

Premiership Rugby clubs get the biggest support pot, at £59 million, the RFU receives £44 million, Championship rugby clubs get £9 million, while clubs in the tiers below will receive £23 million.

Horse-racing is due to be handed a £40 million lifeline, while non-league men's football receives £25 million, with £3 million for the Women’s Super League and FA Women’s Championship.

Rugby league receives £12 million, motorsport gets £6 million, the LTA have been promised £5 million, while ice hockey and basketball get £4 million each. Badminton gets £2 million, while £1 million has been set aside for greyhound racing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Rugby union will receive almost half the Government's new £300 million bailout, it emerged on Thursday as ministers also confirmed they were leaving the "door ajar" for the potential return of fans by Christmas.

Premiership Rugby clubs get the biggest support pot, at £59 million, the RFU receives £44 million, Championship rugby clubs get £9 million, while clubs in the tiers below will receive £23 million.

Horse-racing is due to be handed a £40 million lifeline, while non-league men's football receives £25 million, with £3 million for the Women’s Super League and FA Women’s Championship.

Rugby league receives £12 million, motorsport gets £6 million, the LTA have been promised £5 million, while ice hockey and basketball get £4 million each. Badminton gets £2 million, while £1 million has been set aside for greyhound racing.

Well speedway could be in the motorsports? But not much money for that

1 hour ago, Tim G said:

Well the government did stop spectators attending so they should help out if clubs require it.

All I am saying is Government does not have an inexhaustible supply of money.  Yet most are demanding government funding for just about everything

56 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Well speedway could be in the motorsports? But not much money for that

Speedway is not in motorsports-- the government list mentions which motorsports will get the money 

• Like 1

I’m sure all the under declared gate money kept over the years will see them through...