British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
chunky

Best/Worst Christmas Songs

In an attempt to prevent another thread from losing its way, I thought this would be a good time for a new thread.

I know there are some miserable gits out there who don't like Christmas - or at least, Christmas music - but let's see what you do and don't like.

I am a huge fan of Christmas, largely because of some wonderful memories of family times. I like nearly all Christmas music and songs, but I will let you lot start it off. We already have a love/hate situation with "Fairytale of New York", while Steve Roberts loves one of my faves, Greg Lake's "I Believe in Father Christmas".

• Like 1

Stop the Cavalry

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Badge said:

The 2 most popular in this house

Merry Christmas everyone - shaky

Lonely pup in a Christmas shop - Adam Faith

OH likes jonah luey- stop the cavalry

Top 2 in dislike

Mariah Carey 

Chris rea 

There you go chunks :wink:

5 minutes ago, Mr. Clemens said:

Stop the Cavalry

Noooooo. Horrid.

• Like 1

Another big thumbs up for Greg Lake.  I also like McCartney's Wonderful Christmas Time.

For me the worst is Slade, like nails down a blackboard.

4 minutes ago, Kester said:

Another big thumbs up for Greg Lake.  I also like McCartney's Wonderful Christmas Time.

For me the worst is Slade, like nails down a blackboard.

A lot of people seem to hate McCartney's, but like you, I am a fan. However, Slade, Wizzard, and the Wombles are also up there...

What classes as a xmas song ? i like pipes of piece and Caravan of love but they are never played or classed as xmas songs . quite a few like that 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, orion said:

What classes as a xmas song ? i like pipes of piece and Caravan of love but they are never played or classed as xmas songs . quite a few like that 

Good point, I have quite a raft of films/songs that make me feel Christmassy but have nothing to do with Christmas.

18 minutes ago, chunky said:

A lot of people seem to hate McCartney's, but like you, I am a fan. However, Slade, Wizzard, and the Wombles are also up there...

Throwing in a very big Wombles curve ball there. :)

Can't beat the Phil Spector album "A Christmas Gift For You".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kester said:

Throwing in a very big Wombles curve ball there. :)

How can you not love a Wombling Merry Christmas? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chunky said:

How can you not love a Wombling Merry Christmas? 

I've just given it a listen, having not heard it for a while.  To be fair, it's quite good.  

40 minutes ago, orion said:

It could depend on what reminds folk of Christmas time, I love The Fairytale of New York and All Together Now. Not everyone is in the same boat but, its about being together at the time.

While Mel & Kim were rocking around the Christmas tree, many would be rocking up at the Marula tree, not everyone knows its Christmas, so Band Aid could be up there too.

Nat King Cole's "The Christmas Song" has to be up there somewhere as well as "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" by Judy Garland plus "Christmas Night in Harlem" by Paul Whiteman and his Orchestra.

• Like 1