Esbjerg  go with
Niels-Kristian Iversen
Bjarne Pedersen
Kevin Wölbert
Matias Nielsen
Emil Breum

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

Vojens called off after a few heats- unsafe track !!!!!

From Vojens- Google translated

What was supposed to be a party night - the audience at the stadium again - and four strong teams up two final places in the new cup tournament Metal Speedway League 4, ended in one of the worst scandals in recent times for Vojens Speedway Center.

After only 3 heats, the match was canceled because the hard track started to create flakes and tracks, which are dangerous in the fast-paced speedway sport. This is similar to when a field of cyclists hits railway tracks for trams in a stage of the Tour de France, or rain holes in the asphalt!

Esbjerg Vikings lost Mathias Nielsen in heat two, after an ugly crash, and he was taken by ambulance to Aabenraa Hospital after examinations. The episode created fierce debate among many drivers and team leaders in the pits.

SES- Sønderjylland Elite Speedways drivers were ready to resume the match, while several profiles from Esbjerg, Slangerup and Grindsted wanted the match canceled and postponed.

After a long track service, referee Poul Erik Nielsen, NERI, started the match again, but a new crash, this time Slangerup's Andreas Lyager, was the sad end.

- It was ultimately my heavy decision, because the safety of the drivers comes first, said judge Poul Erik Nielsen.

Race organizer Jacob Olsen was shattered after the blowout.

- It's the worst night of my entire speedway life. I'm just so sorry on behalf of the audience and all of our collaborators. Of course, I respect the judge's decision, but did not agree. There was too much anarchy in the pit, and this nightmare requires some reworking.

At the time of writing, it is unknown how the cup tournament will be conducted. One possibility is a new semi-final on 16 June, and possibly a final at Skt. His evening, Wednesday, June 23rd.

Fjelsted and Holsted through to the final. Fjelsted will host it unless the winners of the Vojens semi score more than 43.

The Danes will probably run the Vojens semi on the final  date the 16th and run the final a week later on the 23rd.

9 hours ago, Dawkins20 said:

What happened with Nicki, polish site says he got excluded 3 times?

he did indeed- wasn`t gating and it looked like he was coming through whatever was in the way. :D

See Bjarne has made a very critical post about the state of the track. Meeting should never have started.....like a motox track etc. Not the first time I have heard this from riders about Danish tracks. Bjarne say's they should have a couple of Polish officials on the DMU

Stor dansk speedway aften endte som stor fiasco
Når jeg skriver dette er det ikke for at pege finger efter arrangøren men vi ser gang på gang at banerne simpelthen ikke er forsvarligt at køre speedway på her i Danmark, hver gang er det os kører som bliver sendt ud på banerne som forsøgs kaniner
Der skal som regel altid styrt til før der bliver gjort noget, denne gang Matias Nielsen som har skader på ryggen efter styrtet, ønsker min holdkammerat det bedste og håber han snart er på benen igen
Aftens Liga Cup skulle aldrig ha været startet efter min mening.
Vejret var perfektmen alligevel møder vi en bane som mener mere om motocross en speedway
Måske er tiden inde til at gøre som i Polen at sender 2 mand ud fra unionen (DMU)som så holder øje med bane personalen på løbsdagen og beslutter inden løbsstart om banens beskaffenhed er i forsvarligt stand, vi snakker kun 2 ugers tid siden at der var 2-3 alvorlige styr i den danske liga, er banen 100% iorden kan vi også leveret et ordentligt show til vores publikum.
Og ja jeg er sikker på at jeg nok skal blive skudt ned for indlægget her men skyd bare løs venner...
Vi “kører” ved godt at når vi tager hjelmen på er der også en risiko ved at køre ud på banen MEN risikoen formindskes med mange procent hvis banens beskaffenhed er iorden, vi forventer alle en dag i morgen og vores børn forventer også at far kommer hjem
Det her er simpelthen ikke godt nok

On 6/2/2021 at 9:28 PM, racers and royals said:

Fjelsted and Holsted through to the final. Fjelsted will host it unless the winners of the Vojens semi score more than 43.

The Danes will probably run the Vojens semi on the final  date the 16th and run the final a week later on the 23rd.

Confirmed Vojens semi on 16th- final on 23rd

On 6/3/2021 at 8:48 AM, racers and royals said:

Sounds as if Matias Nielsen suffered a back injury in a Vojens crash last evening and could be out for some time.

He has broken 3 vertebrae 9,11 and 12.

On 6/3/2021 at 9:56 AM, racers and royals said:

he did indeed- wasn`t gating and it looked like he was coming through whatever was in the way. :D

The incident with Lahti was just speedway IMO.

I’m a bit bummed about the Vojens track-gate. Being Olsen run, one would think theyd have a permanent track sorted for a meeting. I mean they can build a best ever track within a week from scratch on concrete, but cant keep their own backyard in order. WTF.

Edited by f-s-p

6 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

The incident with Lahti was just speedway IMO.

I’m a bit bummed about the Vojens track-gate. Being Olsen run, one would think theyd have a permanent track sorted for a meeting. I mean they can build a best ever track within a week from scratch on concrete, but cant keep their own backyard in order. WTF.

They had better get it sorted quick as next Wednesday they host the Danish final and then the following Wednesday a rerun of the abandoned semi.