British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
chun

4,000 fans

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/55010011

A maximum of 4,000 fans are to be allowed at outdoor events in the lowest-risk areas when the national lockdown in England ends on 2 December, BBC Sport understands. 

Prime Minister Boris Johnson is expected to make an announcement this afternoon on the return of crowds.

There will be no crowds allowed at sport in the highest-risk areas under the new Covid-19 restrictions for England from 2 December.

2 hours ago, chun said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/55010011

A maximum of 4,000 fans are to be allowed at outdoor events in the lowest-risk areas when the national lockdown in England ends on 2 December, BBC Sport understands. 

Prime Minister Boris Johnson is expected to make an announcement this afternoon on the return of crowds.

There will be no crowds allowed at sport in the highest-risk areas under the new Covid-19 restrictions for England from 2 December.

I'm suprised at that. I was just thankful that grassroots football was starting up again.

• Like 1

So sports that take place in winter get money? (We will gloss over Rugby League and Lawn Tennis, and the fact that some of the sports are indoor so could take place at anytime, and horse racing is all year round)..:rolleyes:

And the sports that got the money can now bring fans in over the winter and make, err money?

Whilst the 'summer sports' who couldnt bring fans in, didn't get any money (apart from Rugby and Horse racing and Lawn Tennis obviously)..

OK Bojo, makes sense..

Like so much you do...:D

• Like 3

all that will change come march/april/may ... back into 3 month lockdowns again . then have a few months off and guess what ? back into lockdown again because the drugs did not work .. 

• Like 1

It’s a max of 4000 spectators or 50% of capacity whichever is lower. So if stadium capacity is 4000 only 2000 allowed.

I not convinced too many of supporters from BSF will conform to safety precautions that may be involved ie masks, social distancing. Irresponsible action could well scupper bringing speedway back.

36 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

It’s a max of 4000 spectators or 50% of capacity whichever is lower. So if stadium capacity is 4000 only 2000 allowed.

I not convinced too many of supporters from BSF will conform to safety precautions that may be involved ie masks, social distancing. Irresponsible action could well scupper bringing speedway back.

Well I went to 4 youth meetings this year and the behaviour of fans was good. The crowds were big enough that poor social distancing could easily have been a problem but it wasn't. In fact the conduct of fans was significantly better than many people I've encountered in the local supermarket.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, False dawn said:

Well I went to 4 youth meetings this year and the behaviour of fans was good. The crowds were big enough that poor social distancing could easily have been a problem but it wasn't. In fact the conduct of fans was significantly better than many people I've encountered in the local supermarket.

Well that really good to hear. Whether one doesn’t like masks and keeping distance as recommended, or not, those who object should respect others who want to comply. We seen crowded pubs (inside and outside) which then leads to tighter restrictions, spoiling it for all those who do comply.