Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ArthurRudge

Coventry stadium revisited

11 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Apparently someone has tried to access my account or it has been used inappropriately! Following their guidelines I need to scan my passport and/or driving licence and/or marriage certificate(?) or any manner of documents to prove my identity so as to re-activate my account...bollocks to that!

Thing is, there is so much fraudulent activity out there these days, they have to make sure. It is for our protection.

9 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Maybe be better if the person who started the thread can re-title it something like 'Bollix about Facebook' and start a new thread about Coventry......

What about oval car racing from 1954? Oh, he already did that... :t:

Edited by chunky

46 minutes ago, chunky said:

Thing is, there is so much fraudulent activity out there these days, they have to make sure. It is for our protection.

It's a shame that they hadn't been more diligent when I initially signed up...if I recall you only need to enter an email and password (plus date of birth - which can be anything you wish?) to create an account? Don't recall having to forward further proof of evidence of identity (certainly not a passport or driving licence) but it was a long time ago now but I'm not going to pusue it as I can't be bothered!

Edited by steve roberts

26 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

It's a shame that they hadn't been more diligent when I initially signed up...if I recall you only need to enter an email and password (plus date of birth - which can be anything you wish?) to create an account? Don't recall having to forward further proof of evidence of identity (certainly not a passport or driving licence) but it was a long time ago now but I'm not going to pusue it as I can't be bothered!

We never had all the problems with scams and identity theft back then... Just sad that we have to deal with all these idiots now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JohnHyam said:

In the early days of !950s oval car racing at Coventry a leading driver was Steve Storm. It was a name used by a leading Coventry speedway rider. Can any Coventry speedway historian name who he really was?

I also think a couple of other Coventry speedway riders also drove under other names at this time?

Steve Storm was Charlie New.