British Speedway Forum

Very sad news...always an entertainer and will be sorely missed. Remember watching him for the first time at Cowley in 1973 on a hot Sunday afternoon.

RIP

• Like 1

HADN'T heard this ... devastating news. Had known Zenon since 1972, helped Ivan and Briggo acquire his visas to race in Australia, New Zealand and America and, of course throughout his time in the UK. Always enjoyed a catch up when we met at SGPs. So sad ...

• Like 1

When I was running Team Australia in 1980's we always met up and raced with Zenon. It was Communist times and never easy in Polska but Zenon always helped me and teh boys. he was great fun as well as being a superb racer. Every time we rocked up in the "new" Poland he was always around, always with a smile, and warm handshake. This is a sad sad loss to the sport, to his family and all those of us who were fortunate enough to know him. ...It's been a pleasure old friend..rest in peace.. 

• Like 4

Hard to take in that four of the top five in the historic 1979 World Final, on that hot Sunday afternoon in Katowice, have now gone.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TheWatcher said:

Hard to take in that four of the top five in the historic 1979 World Final, on that hot Sunday afternoon in Katowice, have now gone.

That strikes a devastating chord...so sad.

• Like 1

Have to say he looked quite ill, when I saw photos of him after an absence of a few decades

Great rider

RIP

Very sad news.

My sincere condolences go to his family and friends.

R.I.P. + Zenon.

• Like 1

Sad to hear this news, especially so as he was only 67, much too young to go. A great entertainer, always looked forward to see him ride.

• Like 1

So sad to hear this. Zenon was one of my first speedway heroes as a kid at Waterden Rd.

A spectacular rider and such a nice guy. I still have the yellow NGK Spark plugs cap he handed to me through the bars of the Hackney pits..A treasured possession.

RIP Zenon, you will always be Poland's number 1 in my eyes.

• Like 6

brilliant rider - RIP