British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fromafar

Armando Castagna article in SS.

I think the article confirmed the FIM doesn't do much for speedway.

I think they should have left the FIM years ago and said so years ago

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr. Clemens said:

Possibly , but they haven’t.No good waiting around for that happen like we have with everything.Far too much self interest as we all know.

1 hour ago, Mr. Clemens said:

WHO should have left?

7 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WHO should have left?

Couldn’t really make out what was the point of the article.

Seemed to be a lot of whining about what Poland has decided to do, but not actually stating the FIM’s position or what it could do. But may also be the way it was related  in the Spar...

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Mr. Clemens said:

What would happen if Britain left the FIM but other speedway-related member countries remained?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fédération_Internationale_de_Motocyclisme

Edited by Guest

19 hours ago, Fromafar said:

I find it hard to disagree with what he says.That’s it in a nutshell IMO.

In a nutshell what did he say?

I do not get the Speedway star anymore

1 hour ago, JohnHyam said:

What would happen if Britain left the FIM but other speedway-related member countries remained?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fédération_Internationale_de_Motocyclisme

THAT has always been the 64,000 dollar question. Without affiliation to the FIM, riders from GB would not be able to race anywhere outside these Isles, no international competition, World Championship participation, etc. And riders from other countries couldn't risk coming here if it closed all other doors. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

THAT has always been the 64,000 dollar question. Without affiliation to the FIM, riders from GB would not be able to race anywhere outside these Isles, no international competition, World Championship participation, etc. And riders from other countries couldn't risk coming here if it closed all other doors. 

Isn't this how Superbikes came about? I don't know and the PDC Darts split from the BDO and weren't Snooker also looking at splitting away from the WSC, and the Football Premier League are always floating ideas about splitting away and it's been talked about by F1 in the past also.

In the majority of the above cases it was about the players/clubs in the higher echelons wanting to break away to cream off more of the money, where in Speedway's case it seems to be the opposite with the lower echelons breaking away from an all controlling league that poaches most of their assets

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, iainb said:

Isn't this how Superbikes came about? I don't know and the PDC Darts split from the BDO and weren't Snooker also looking at splitting away from the WSC, and the Football Premier League are always floating ideas about splitting away and it's been talked about by F1 in the past also.

In the majority of the above cases it was about the players/clubs in the higher echelons wanting to break away to cream off more of the money, where in Speedway's case it seems to be the opposite with the lower echelons breaking away from an all controlling league that poaches most of their assets

THERE have been times when the BSPA thought of breaking away from the FIM or, at the very least, been the body affiliated to the FIM rather than the ACU. But the FIM would never accept that. 

29 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

THERE have been times when the BSPA thought of breaking away from the FIM or, at the very least, been the body affiliated to the FIM rather than the ACU. But the FIM would never accept that. 

Could that have been because other 'speedway countries' only recognise and accept FIM affiliation? Despite its 'pretence to grandeur' in the motorcycle sports world at large speedway is 'rather tinpot'!!!

Edited by Guest

When I read the article I interpreted it as put your own house in order be firm with your national licensed riders and if they don't like it block them from riding elsewhere.

in fairness he's bang on with it however the likes of woffinden and Lambert will just revert to foreign licences and race under a different national flag.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gunner85 said:

In a nutshell what did he say?

I do not get the Speedway star anymore

We need to have a look at ourselves instead of moaning about what the Poles are doing.Sort ourselves out .

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

When I read the article I interpreted it as put your own house in order be firm with your national licensed riders and if they don't like it block them from riding elsewhere.

in fairness he's bang on with it however the likes of woffinden and Lambert will just revert to foreign licences and race under a different national flag.

Thats one thing that could be done, stop the playing with FMN licenses. 

• Like 3