British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bavarian

Ray Tauscher (aka Ray Tauser) America's Forgotten World Champion Motorcycle Racer

Apparently there's a film made about Ray Tauser (actually his real name was Tauscher), the early 1930s American dirt track speedway rider.

It is a 17-minute documentary on Raymond F. Tauscher, set to premier on December 4, 2020 at the South Jersey Moto Film Festival, which will be held online this year due to Covid-19 https://revsisters.com/events/sjmff2020/

Portland born Ray Tauscher (Tauser in the international press) was the only person to hold four international speedway titles in 1931. Watch this 1-minute trailer for a preview of our forthcoming documentary.

• Like 4

So he had German heritage or at least German speaking. Great stuff 

1 minute ago, iris123 said:

So he had German heritage or at least German speaking. Great stuff 

Austrian, I believe.

• Like 1

Always found him an interesting character being a Wimbledon fan. And seeing stuff about his Australian trips and never finding too much about his US career. Hope to see this film

• Like 1

Always enjoy reading articles about an era that I know very little about but keen to be educated on same. Keep it coming!

28 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Always enjoy reading articles about an era that I know very little about but keen to be educated on same. Keep it coming!

Have a look at raytauscher.com for more information.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've had the pleasure of seeing it after the film maker got in touch with the Speedway Researcher. It's well worth watching and would highly recommend it.

• Like 1

Watched the film online. Was it always there ? But quite interesting, with some info that was unknown to me about his time in the US at least. Sadly no new film of him in action, and did wonder what the old stock film of board racing was doing in there. Nice to see one of the last pics of him looking well. As ever, always seems sad looking back that nobody had a thorough interview with him in the 70s.....and hope he finally gets into the Portland hall of fame

• Like 2

The complete film has not been there before, I had only seen the teaser.

The film's opening racing sequence shows him racing at the Buffalo Stadium in Paris, France.

I really like this Little film, since Ray Taus(ch)er is an almost forgotten former champion of motorcyce speedway racing. He certainly deserves the recognition.

Here is the link to the complete film https://thevintagent.com/2020/12/07/the-vintagent-selects-ray-thauscher/

Yes. I put the Buffalo Stadium clip on here a few years back now

Just thought i'd look yesterday to see how the film got on and found the whole film was available and wondered if I had missed it before

12 hours ago, iris123 said:

Warched that earlier. I can't believe Ray can't get into the Oregon Sports Hall of Fame...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chunky said:

Warched that earlier. I can't believe Ray can't get into the Oregon Sports Hall of Fame...

Absolutely . When you consider those nominated. Local stars instead of International. But not a single bike racer, makes one feel as if there is a stgma against the sport(s)