British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

What a difference in stadiums

2 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Wow factor costs money, Polish speedway has more money to spend on stadia, well done Belle Vue for building a superb stadium with the money they had and still to  have pay I believe .

Wow factor needs imagination , the three stadiums Toruń gorzow and Łódź are very basic in design, if you look a Toruń it is basically a roof put over concrete steps and the gap in between is just blue and yellow boards but what a place, BV is far superior in quality of build but doesn’t even compare in wow factor as Toruń 

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

38 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Wow factor needs imagination , the three stadiums Toruń gorzow and Łódź are very basic in design, if you look a Toruń it is basically a roof put over concrete steps and the gap in between is just blue and yellow boards but what a place, BV is far superior in quality of build but doesn’t even compare in wow factor as Toruń 

Yes I know have visited both.

4 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

It’s not envy, I just feel with a blank piece of paper and the money spent it is very underwhelming, it doesn’t say wow when you see it , take a look at Łódź new stadium, it’s fairly basic in design but looks amazing,, I think Ipswich since they had the extra stands because it reminds me of a bowl like odsal 

Dean, Ipswich ??? do me a favour you are embarrassing yourself now!

You must have missed SWC in 2016 when the stadium was full with additional stands the stadium and the event was widely recognised as the best ever SWC run in the UK. I was there on the Saturday final and the atmosphere was electric. 
You need to stop digging Dean. 

Edited by Speedtiger

4 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

It’s not envy, I just feel with a blank piece of paper and the money spent it is very underwhelming, it doesn’t say wow when you see it , take a look at Łódź new stadium, it’s fairly basic in design but looks amazing,, I think Ipswich since they had the extra stands because it reminds me of a bowl like odsal 

simple !! building regulations didn't allow for anything else other than what we have so stop harping on blank piece of paper to build a stadium  with stands all round the track it was never going to happen !!! if you have been to the stadium you will know the area around it !! houses right behind back straight and houses across the road from main stand !!  1st & 2nd bend are built right up to basketball arena !! that's because the original plans had to be altered but you just keep harping on about how should have been better ??? it's the maximum we could have had simple !! let's see your opinions on the re-vamp of swindon ?? if it ever happens ???? we have a fantastic stadium & facilitys a qaulity racing so no complaints from any Aces fans !! we know what we have and what the rest have i'll leave at that !!

Edited by geoff58
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

simple !! building regulations didn't allow for anything else other than what we have so stop harping on blank piece of paper to build a stadium  with stands all round the track it was never going to happen !!! if you have been to the stadium you will know the area around it !! houses right behind back straight and houses across the road from main stand !!  1st & 2nd bend are built right up to basketball arena !! that's because the original plans had to be altered but you just keep harping on about how should have been better ??? it's the maximum we could have had simple !! let's see your opinions on the re-vamp of swindon ?? if it ever happens ???? we have a fantastic stadium & facilitys a qaulity racing so no complaints from any Aces fans !! we know what we have and what the rest have i'll leave at that !!

I would argue that Toruń stadium complete minus the car parks takes you less space than the NSS, the stands are not as wide as the NSS, the track is similar size but Toruń stands are tiered and over lap so not as wide, with the exception of the first/second bend I see no reason why a similar design to Toruń, gorzow or Łódź couldn’t of been done, it wasn’t cause of space 

1 hour ago, Speedtiger said:

You must have missed SWC in 2016 when the stadium was full with additional stands the stadium and the event was widely recognised as the best ever SWC run in the UK. I was there on the Saturday final and the atmosphere was electric. 

Yes I did miss it cause the place doesn’t make me want to go, wasn’t that the meeting that was a gate and go in the race off, I’ve stopped going to the swc or son since it’s moved to Belle vue, i only really go now if I do a job there, (I used to go to Kirky Lane quite a bit)it’s a great race track but as a stadium it’s bland and it’s the people that made that atmosphere it doesn’t create one by itself like the polish design does, the racing isn’t great at Ipswich but I like the bowl feel to the stadium 

52 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

And you should be rightly proud of it but comparing it to the stadiums I was talking about in poland it’s not in the same league and that’s the point of the topic isn’t it ?

1 hour ago, Speedtiger said:

I’m not digging anything, it’s just my opinion that it’s uninspired as a stadium design  

11 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

And you should be rightly proud of it but comparing it to the stadiums I was talking about in poland it’s not in the same league and that’s the point of the topic isn’t it ?

not sure what you are trying to say ?? how can we have anything like poland when we had restrictions on the build ??? can you build a mansion on your house land no so pointless saying it !! bit of a dumb post really !!

9 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

I’m not digging anything, it’s just my opinion that it’s uninspired as a stadium design  

so how do you build a polish style stadium with building restrictions ???? mr know all !! 

26 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Yes I did miss it cause the place doesn’t make me want to go, wasn’t that the meeting that was a gate and go in the race off, I’ve stopped going to the swc or son since it’s moved to Belle vue, i only really go now if I do a job there, (I used to go to Kirky Lane quite a bit)it’s a great race track but as a stadium it’s bland and it’s the people that made that atmosphere it doesn’t create one by itself like the polish design does, the racing isn’t great at Ipswich but I like the bowl feel to the stadium 

Plus Foxhall has The Massif to help create the atmosphere ;):)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

not sure what you are trying to say ?? how can we have anything like poland when we had restrictions on the build ??? can you build a mansion on your house land no so pointless saying it !! bit of a dumb post really !!

10 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

so how do you build a polish style stadium with building restrictions ???? mr know all !! 

By knowing the right people   

18 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Ok Im done with this now you are just being ridiculous. The green eyed monster had got you. 

5 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

Ok Im done with this now you are just being ridiculous. The green eyed monster had got you. 

Sorry for having an opinion, not quite sure how I’m in some way jealous of the NSS, yes they have a stadium and I errr don’t??? but I can go there whenever I want, I just choose to travel 1000s of miles to go to other stadiums that make me want to go them instead, that’s madness yes but jealousy ???

11 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

By knowing the right people   

yawn yawn boring statement obviously you don't !! keep dreaming  i will await more of your pointless posts :t: i await you polish style speedway staduim with great interest !!  i won't hold my breath :rofl: 

Edited by geoff58