British Speedway Forum
steve roberts

Interviews by Lee Ashby - David's Son

35 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Interesting interview however Ole conveniently sidesteps the issue with his involvement with Erik Gundersen which basically came down as a 'conflict of interests' being both Erik's mentor and the Danish Team Manager.

Ole never sidestepped the conflict of interest issue and his mentoring of Erik when he was interviewed for Backtrack in 2009.

7 minutes ago, TonyMac said:

Ole never sidestepped the conflict of interest issue and his mentoring of Erik when he was interviewed for Backtrack in 2009.

Yes remember the interview well Tony...just that he didn't mention the specifics in Lee's interview when the subject was raised appearing to blame Nielsen for the problem.

Edited by steve roberts

I think that these interviews are great and gives a real insight to the sport during largely the seventies and eighties...keep it up Lee! How about an interview with Barney Kennett? He appears to follow the interviews closely! I'm sure he would have some tales to tell?

Just to let those who are interested know, on 2nd Feb at 7.00PM Lee will be interviewing 2 former multi World Champions, and Heathens legends, Bruce Penhall and Erik Gundersen.

I can't wait. Ommer 'um, Cradley!!

Edited by Gert Handbag
  • Like 1

I think these are good.. I've enjoyed most of them a lot.. The recent Jeremy Doncaster and Chris Louis one was very good... The only one I wasn't too keen on was Gary Havelock's really..... Lee says he's got Marvyn Cox lined up so that should be good. 

• Like 1

On 4/6/2021 at 7:37 PM, Bruiser said:

I think these are good.. I've enjoyed most of them a lot.. The recent Jeremy Doncaster and Chris Louis one was very good... The only one I wasn't too keen on was Gary Havelock's really..... Lee says he's got Marvyn Cox lined up so that should be good. 

I've watched most of these (haven't bothered with the Havelock one) and am looking forward to the Marvyn Cox interview hoping that he may give some insights to his career spent at Cowley in particular.

Just to mention, I have just watched the current Sam Ermolenko interview and I have to say it was really good, possibly the best one so far and well recommended.

• Like 1

Bumped into Andy and Jill Grahame today. Talked about his Lee Ashby interview and he told me that next up will be brother Alan on, he thinks, July 1st. 

Now that will be interesting. 

• Like 1

The interview with Alan Grahame is now up on Lee's YouTube channel. It's very good, I have to say, definitely worth a watch. 

• Like 1

On 7/2/2021 at 2:36 PM, OGT said:

The interview with Alan Grahame is now up on Lee's YouTube channel. It's very good, I have to say, definitely worth a watch. 

Just watched the interview and some interesting anecdotes...not surprised he wasn't a fan of Oxford's track as he was dropped during the 1994 season due to poor form! Neil Evitts wasn't one of his favourite opponents...now there's a surprise!

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 1

Great interview with Kelvin last night.  There will be a part 2 at some stage.

Chris Morton up tonight, and Gary Havelock on Thursday

24 minutes ago, Gert Handbag said:

Great interview with Kelvin last night.  There will be a part 2 at some stage.

Chris Morton up tonight, and Gary Havelock on Thursday

Great to see that these are still going strong...just wish that Lee would ask some leading questions however?

I agree Steve. I'm grateful to both Lee and the former riders for giving up their time to do it though. If it were a professional "paid for" interview, then expectations would be higher.

• Like 1