British Speedway Forum

9 hours ago, mikebv said:

Spot on

It is taken as needing four weeks of doing something different, regularly, to change a behaviour..

Hence Supermarkets for example will offer several weeks of vouchers when opening new shops because they know "one visit" wont get their potential customers to change their shopping habits from their previous store..

After a month of visits they start to gain that 'emotional loyalty' which gives the very top level businesses their key advantage over those who rely on simply 'functional loyalty'..

"£10 Speedway" should be used as a starting point for more targeted and direct marketing to those who attend, and not a "one size fits all, build it and they will come" 'plan' which it so often appears to be..

You mention the 18 quid admission, and any team charging that have pretty much zero chance of..

a) Getting another 80% of the usual crowd in to make up the financial shortfall of a £10 admission and..

b) Getting someone to pay 80% more the week after..

And re the £18 admission, at my local track I could watch the Colts with my 17 year old lad for a tenner in total, or pay £30 for him and me to watch the Aces..

As someone who has zero interest in who wins any domestic Speedway meeting in the UK, but loves watching the racing, guess which option I chose, (several times)..

Co-ordinate a campaign over several weeks and a "loss leader" can be the starting point for success, but it wont do anything to improve things by itself..

fans should watch the Aces as well otherwise  there will be no colts to watch !!

Reading the various messages today on/from the BSPL and club websites I guess all promoters have been encouraged to be positive about starting as soon as is possible in 2021.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Are you OK mate.

All good thank you :t:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Its difficult to set the rules when they don't know the criteria for a European visa, will the Scandinavians need to have achieved a certain level?

On 12/24/2020 at 1:10 PM, Skidder1 said:

Reading the various messages today on/from the BSPL and club websites I guess all promoters have been encouraged to be positive about starting as soon as is possible in 2021.

They will do well to start before May tbh!! I am certainly not expecting anything before then.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Catch Me If You Can said:

I want to be optimistic but the way things are just now in the country and on seemingly vaccination concerns too a start date of March or April seems very hard to imagine

No one could argue against that thought.  With 13 weeks between Jabs, most older people will not get their 2nd dose until March/April.  It then takes a further 3 weeks for the vaccine becoming effective...so June is a realistic time for the vaccination factor to come to force, or even later if the vaccine is to be given to the middle aged to get the herd cover that everyone talks about      Easter start is becoming less likely by the day.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, East End Fan said:

No one could argue against that thought.  With 13 weeks between Jabs, most older people will not get their 2nd dose until March/April.  It then takes a further 3 weeks for the vaccine becoming effective...so June is a realistic time for the vaccination factor to come to force, or even later if the vaccine is to be given to the middle aged to get the herd cover that everyone talks about      Easter start is becoming less likely by the day.

May at the earliest I reckon but there may be some behind closed door practice sessions for team before hand.. so come the start of the leagues the riders will a lot less rusty on track ! Coz if the paying public turn up to watch good racing & the riders are not race ready it could & probably will turn fans away !! But hope it goes well in2021 for all riders & teams

I am going to work by the same principle as I did in 2020. If there is racing (2 wheels or 4 wheels) and I think it is safe for me then I will be watch live speedway or stock cars. If there is no racing or I don't think it is safe to attend then I will be watching YouTube videos of both. At the moment there is no point getting uptight about it, what will be, will be. 

I want to go racing but I will wait until I can enjoy it without worrying that I could catch the virus. 

Sam Allardyce bemoaning the fact that he couldn't bring four players in to WBA due to work permit issues linked to Brexit...

Lots of 'points scoring' criteria linked to age, capability level etc...

Presume Speedway riders will face the same kind or similar criteria to be awarded a permit?

Maybe that is taking the time to announce details for this season?

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

Sam Allardyce bemoaning the fact that he couldn't bring four players in to WBA due to work permit issues linked to Brexit...

Lots of 'points scoring' criteria linked to age, capability level etc...

Presume Speedway riders will face the same kind or similar criteria to be awarded a permit?

Maybe that is taking the time to announce details for this season?

So if it's going to be an issue with foreign riders coming over why not go with full british sides whether it's 5 or 7 man teams & run a 13 heat meeting then run a full 8 heat 2nd half for those riders who are looking for team spots .. & see what happens & it will also give riders more track time which is much needed in this country

Edited by Justgotmecpc
Spelling error