British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mimmo

Philip Rising

Happy Birthday to you, and hope you have a day that you deserve, after all your hard work these past 9-months.

You and your team have worked so hard in continuing to give us speedway supporters a magazine that we crave for each week, in the most difficult of times.

As far as I'm personally concerned, the Speedway Star is a top quality magazine, being the best I've ever known it.
I have every copy at home covering the past 61-years, plus numerous copies from earlier years, and none compare to the quality of what you are producing for us now.

So a huge thank you.  You and ALL of your staff and contributors, are a credit to your profession, to each other, and to the sport in general.

So once again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

Mike Moseley      

• Like 2

Indeed a Happy Birthday to Philip Rising who I first met as a 16 year old in 1956! That was so many years ago - and probably now long forgotten? Have a great day Phil.

11 minutes ago, JohnHyam said:

Indeed a Happy Birthday to Philip Rising who I first met as a 16 year old in 1956! That was so many years ago - and probably now long forgotten? Have a great day Phil.

THANKS but we first met in 1961 ... and I was 15!

23 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

Happy Birthday to you, and hope you have a day that you deserve, after all your hard work these past 9-months.

You and your team have worked so hard in continuing to give us speedway supporters a magazine that we crave for each week, in the most difficult of times.

As far as I'm personally concerned, the Speedway Star is a top quality magazine, being the best I've ever known it.
I have every copy at home covering the past 61-years, plus numerous copies from earlier years, and none compare to the quality of what you are producing for us now.

So a huge thank you.  You and ALL of your staff and contributors, are a credit to your profession, to each other, and to the sport in general.

So once again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

Mike Moseley      

THANK you, very kind

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnHyam said:

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

THANKS but we first met in 1961 ... and I was 15!

Hmmm! My error - and apologies, but it would appear that for me at least the years are catching up. All the same Phil - have a great birthday celebration.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, JohnHyam said:

Hmmm! My error - and apologies, but it would appear that for me at least the years are catching up. All the same Phil - have a great birthday celebration.

NO problem ...

very best wishes to the legend that is "Riso"....good fella, good friend, excellent "journo", fine golfer, good footballer, superb host ...lousy joke teller !!!...Happy Birthday old dear x

1 hour ago, spiegal said:

very best wishes to the legend that is "Riso"....good fella, good friend, excellent "journo", fine golfer, good footballer, superb host ...lousy joke teller !!!...Happy Birthday old dear x

1 hour ago, spiegal said:

LOVE and kisses ...

15 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Happy birthday Phil

Second that!

Been buying SS since 1970 as a school boy and have all the copies. I am enjoying the edition even more at the moment and all those throwbacks and to the riders involved and catching up with them. Terrific tribute / obitary to Hackney Hero Zuper Zenon last week by them.

PS Will the Star start a campaign to get recognition and a gong for Leaping Len Silver ?? He is way overdue and can't be a more deserving person in British Speedway 

• Like 1