British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

SEC 2021 4th and final  round Saturday 10th July Rybnik... live on Eurosport Player

12 minutes ago, Rosie76 said:

Good on you Rosie- we shall see if we both get answers. Yours will be from customer services and will probably not answer the points raised as a previous posters quoted reply showed( couldn’t even spell his own companies name correctly). Mine i will be really dissapointed if i don’t get a sensible answer as i wrote to a London based senior Discovery director responsible for their complete sports output.

Hi Racersand Royals,

I am quite happy to write or e-mail the director if you would like to let me know the details. Sorry I could not see how to do private messages on here. Being a Racers fan you might be interested in my comments I made tonight regarding the leasing of Oxford Stadium on the general discussions, Oxford page.

Eurosport were doing an offer for the app/iPlayer at £19.99 for the year, don't think that's a bad price for sec and league meetings, plus various other motorsports

Interesting to see Eurosport trying to  push their app on Farcebook. Response is fans of several sports including ours telling them  to stick it where the sun doesn't shine and they're not paying more for their sub-standard and unreliable coverage. It's not just us.

• Like 4

Another classic from these shysters on Farcebook. A Swindon fan complained about the lack of weekly coverage of British speedway. Get this one - they're blaming Covid and that they do not have clearance to use all six venues, despite having used three with a fourth one to come..Incidentally WSB and tennis fans are livid about similar treatment forcing them to  subscribe to the Eurosport Player or App. It's not just us. 

Here's their latest insult to the intelligence. It closed with a link to the page where they could subscribe tom the Eurosport Player. which somehow I've omitted, but it is available on RMC Player, a snip at just £19.99 a month ;-)

Hi Dave, first of all I would like to say that I completely understand your need to get this clarified, but at the moment, due to the ongoing restrictions we are still waiting for confirmation on whether live broadcasts from the venues will be possible. In this case, please keep bookmark our schedule and keep an eye out for updates

Edited by RobMcCaffery

5 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Another classic from these shysters on Farcebook. A Swindon fan complained about the lack of weekly coverage of British speedway. Get this one - they're blaming Covid and that they do not have clearance to use all six venues, despite having used three with a fourth one to come..Incidentally WSB and tennis fans are livid about similar treatment forcing them to  subscribe to the Eurosport Player or App. It's not just us. 

Here's their latest insult to the intelligence. It closed with a link to the page where they could subscribe tom the Eurosport Player. which somehow I've omitted, but it is available on RMC Player, a snip at just £19.99 a month ;-)

Hi Dave, first of all I would like to say that I completely understand your need to get this clarified, but at the moment, due to the ongoing restrictions we are still waiting for confirmation on whether live broadcasts from the venues will be possible. In this case, please keep bookmark our schedule and keep an eye out for updates

Right, got to watch the blood pressure - back to the needlepoint and crochet.....Apologies for the rant but it was only so long before Eurosport's plastic smile melted. 

They are obviously trying to recoup money from British fans for covering the premiership, but they are not just doing it with speedway, just greed.

It is annoying and I can't be doing with those dodgy Polish websites so I ordered Premier sports for £10 pm for 6 months and I can't keep up with all the speedway.. normally 4 matches a week with English commentary...granted 2 of them are Swedish which is boring but the Polish league stuff is top class.

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Link for tonight 6pm UK time  http://www.drhtv.com.pl/drhtv-2.html

Thanks for the link R & R. I do find streaming some of these sites can be a bit trying with pop up ads and buffering etc, but generally I get to watch the matches OK, and over the last year have managed to keep tabs on Moto GP and all the Norwich City matches as well!

1 hour ago, Bunce said:

Thanks for the link R & R. I do find streaming some of these sites can be a bit trying with pop up ads and buffering etc, but generally I get to watch the matches OK, and over the last year have managed to keep tabs on Moto GP and all the Norwich City matches as well!

You need to use an ad-blocker and they're pretty easy to use. You just set them up and forget about them. There are many forms. I use a Chrome browser extension called uBlock Origin. Look it up online, but there are many alternatives. On phones and tablets you can get browsers with adblck built-in. All you see of the ads is an occasional x.   

I have absolutely no problems with pop-ups. If you or anyone else need help, just ask. 

11 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Might not get taken down https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT3ZwtEmz6w

Fingers crossed. Surely the sec organisers want maximum possible viewing figures. Eurosport trying to up the take up of their app by a few hundred is frankly appalling. No excuse as they are showing recordings. Comes across as trying to milk every penny out of sports fans. 

Think with these three links we will be set. Come on your Brits. Make a mark!