British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

SEC 2021 4th and final  round Saturday 10th July Rybnik... live on Eurosport Player

Why ain't they using Quest or Quest Red. That's what they normally do if there's a cross over of sports?? Or is it because these are 'Free to Air' channels?? 

37 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Tried to send a message using the link, but got the mail returned as "address not found".:mad:

andrew_georgiou@discovery.com      President, Eurosport and Global Sports Rights & Sports Marketing Services

11 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Because they're trying to force people into taking out subscriptions to their player/app. 

As I said before, it's not just us. Superbikes and tennis fans have already spotted what's going on and are also voicing their anger. Best way to resist is not to subscribe and they'll give up if the figures don't rise.

I can't imagine OneSport being too impressed at their flagship speedway event being used as a pawn to get extra cash. 

The strange thing about Wednesday was that Dave Rowe and Sam Ermolenko were commentating away in the London studio`s but presumably because of a cock-up the player subscribers had no sound. The Eurosport international feed would have been live with  Dave and Sam but where that is viewed  i have no idea.

Edited by racers and royals

Streaming services is the way sports, tv-series  and movies are distributed nowadays. The way you are consuming it is a thing of the past.

The most likely reason it isn't on ES1 or ES2 is that not enough people watch it. If equestrian highlights brings more viewers (of those who still cling on to old style "channels" then that is what Eurosport will show. 

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

andrew_georgiou@discovery.com      President, Eurosport and Global Sports Rights & Sports Marketing Services

Complaint sent.

9 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Congratulations to Eurosport- with live Equestrianism on Eurosport 1 and Superbike HIGHLIGHTS ** on Eurosport 2   the SEC 2nd round from Gustrow at 7pm UK time on Saturday June 26th is on Eurosport player only.

** Australia 7-8pm, British 8-9.25pm

I GIVE UP   :mad: :mad:

R & R, You will find the rest of the series is only on player as well. See second email reply from my third email to Eurosport below. Also wants my to subscribe to the player!!!!

Hello Mr Rumsey,

Thank you for your feedback.

I'll be taking over form my colleague Zineb regarding the channels where we broadcast of the Speedway races and I am pleased to assist you further.

I really understand your feelings as a Speedway fan and I inform you that all events that we brodcatson are linked to the broadcasting rights and this is the reason why you can find dome events aired in our bonus channels just like the Speedways races.

However, I will forward your comment to my colleague of the relevant team to improve our service for you in the future.

Please don't forget to subscribe to our service if you wish to watch the Speedway races.

I hope I've answered your request and I remain at your disposal for any further query you may have.

I would appreciate your feedback as it helps us improve your customer service experience. You can find Eurosport on Trustpilot where you can rate and review your experience with me today. Click here to leave us a review.

Have a lovely day!

Best.

Ilham
Eurosport Customer Support

11 minutes ago, LesR said:

R & R, You will find the rest of the series is only on player as well. See second email reply from my third email to Eurosport below. Also wants my to subscribe to the player!!!!

Hello Mr Rumsey,

I'll be taking over form my colleague Zineb regarding the channels where we broadcast of the Speedway races and I am pleased to assist you further.

I really understand your feelings as a Speedway fan and I inform you that all events that we brodcatson are linked to the broadcasting rights and this is the reason why you can find dome events aired in our bonus channels just like the Speedways races.

However, I will forward your comment to my colleague of the relevant team to improve our service for you in the future.

Please don't forget to subscribe to our service if you wish to watch the Speedway races.

I hope I've answered your request and I remain at your disposal for any further query you may have.

I would appreciate your feedback as it helps us improve your customer service experience. You can find Eurosport on Trustpilot where you can rate and review your experience with me today. Click here to leave us a review.

Have a lovely day!

Best.

Ilham

Thanks, the bit about broadcasting rights is a downright lie !!!!

I suggest you fire off another email and tell him you know that Eurosport Poland and Eurosport international are showing it live on their main channels and he is expecting you to believe that contractually they are not allowed to show it on the UK main channels. !!!

Edited by racers and royals

4 hours ago, LesR said:

Hello Mr Rumsey,

Have a lovely day!

Best.

Ilham

Can not even get his spelling and grammar correct. Not very inspiring. Also seems getting the facts right is beyond him.

I have wondered if Eurosport, in Britain are considering making themselves a stand alone subscription channel, similar to Premier. Are they just seeing how things go with the subscription app?

15 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Just a quick follow-up. All of those streamed matches, whether from Swedish ESS Play or now Fanseat, or individual British tracks, especially Edinburgh, Belle Vue and Glasgow, NONE of them require me to watch their service through and app or player. In all cases I can watch them on my desk-top pc with a a very generously-sized screen rather than squint at a mobile phone or try to get my device 'talk' to a TV. All deliver what they offer without hype or distortions. THAT is the future of streaming, honesty and value. 

All streaming platforms uses a player of some sort for watching on your PC and the same goes for Eurosport. I almost always watch streaming on my PC rather than on my TV. 

20 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Just a quick follow-up. All of those streamed matches, whether from Swedish ESS Play or now Fanseat, or individual British tracks, especially Edinburgh, Belle Vue and Glasgow, NONE of them require me to watch their service through and app or player. In all cases I can watch them on my desk-top pc with a a very generously-sized screen rather than squint at a mobile phone or try to get my device 'talk' to a TV. All deliver what they offer without hype or distortions. THAT is the future of streaming, honesty and value. 

Nonsense.  I watch Eurosport player app on my TV with an Amazon Fire TV cube and it's amazing.  

Edited by Noodles

21 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

All you have to do is type eurosportplayer.com into your PC browser and sign in if you want to watch it on your PC.

Life's far too short for all this. Obviously I've failed to get my observations an sincere concerns about Eurosport's behaviour over to most of you so it's best if I pull the plug here and delete my comments before this all starts to spoil my enjoyment of the sport again. You are clearly happy to be forced into taking out subscriptions to the Eurosport Player and good luck to you. By the way most streaming services indeed do offer apps but not all make them your only option. I'll leave you all to it. 

Is Dan Bewley going to be allowed into Germany, are they still blocking access like they did to Brennan & Kemp?