British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

SEC 2021 4th and final  round Saturday 10th July Rybnik... live on Eurosport Player

Easy for Dan. Smektala had a terrible start. 

Michelsen a good addition to the GP series. Both Brits did ok. Blew hot and cold. Need consistency.

Enjoyed the meeting, and must say it was enhanced thoroughly by David Rowe's brilliant commentary and constant breakdown of the figures, points and how they affected the outcome.

I don't know who put on the production, but I was amazed that it gave no indication of the championship standings on the graphics, and I can see from comments on here that people who, presumably, didn't have that commentary, weren't sure what was happening because of it.

Edited by Grachan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Enjoyed the meeting, and must say it was enhanced thoroughly by David Rowe's brilliant commentry and constant breakdown of the figures, points and how they affected the outcome.

I don't know who put on the production, but I was amazed that it gave no indication of the championship standings on the graphics, and I can see from comments on here that people weren't sure what was happening because of it.

As Sam would say all down to Kandysoft computer programme :)

• Thanks 1

Had no idea of even who had won it until Michelsen started punching the air after Madsen had picked him off in the final. There was no running graphics from the tv channel, just meeting score updates.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Had no idea of even who had won it until Michelsen started punching the air after Madsen had picked him off in the final. There was no running graphics from the tv channel, just meeting score updates.

Neither did the director by the looks of things, as they seemed to show Leon Madsen looking not particularly overjoyed at winning the meeting for quite a while.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, HenryW said:

Well done Dan.

Agreed… but left it a little late…..thought he would score more heavily on his former track

Too bad, the general public never realized who was in the running for the title. No graphics on tv showing the overall point standings, that's unforgivable.

24 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

Too bad, the general public never realized who was in the running for the title. No graphics on tv showing the overall point standings, that's unforgivable.

I agree, which is what made the commentary on Eurosport all the more essential.

It was explained clearly at, first of all, Madsen had to win his last heat to still be in with a chance of winning the title. Then, if Michelsen won his final heat he was guaranteed the championship, but he came second.

So, it needed Madsen to win the final and Michelsen to come last for there to be a run off. Michelsen needed just 1 point to win, so offered little resistance to Madsen's challenge without it.

I would say that the meeting would not even have been half as interesting without having all this explained in the final few races.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Grachan said:

I agree, which is what made the commentary on Eurosport all the more essential.

It was explained clearly at, first of all, Madsen had to win his last heat to still be in with a chance of winning the title. Then, if Michelsen won his final heat he was guaranteed the championship, but he came second.

So, it needed Madsen to win the final and Michelsen to come last for there to be a run off. Michelsen needed just 1 point to win, so offered little resistance to Madsen's challenge without it.

I would say that the meeting would not even have been half as interesting without having all this explained in the final few races.

I was watch the Polish language stream and did not understand a word, so never had a clue who was in the running for the title and who wasn't. That was not good.   

• Like 1

16 hours ago, racers and royals said:

As Sam would say all down to Kandysoft computer programme :)

Which would have been available if people had asked for a copy to follow the series themselves! :D

• Haha 1