Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

SEC 2021 4th and final  round Saturday 10th July Rybnik... live on Eurosport Player

Decent meeting so far. 

Cracking coverage on the Eurosport player.  Good value at 6.99 for a month covering all 4 rounds as well.

Especially when you consider that people will pay upwards of a tenner for a British meeting filmed on a mobile phone.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, kitten2502 said:

I don't recall Eurosport Player/app being mentioned tbh - I'll watch the football instead!

I can assure you they did. They don't waste a chance to mention their app - after all they're after your money. They certainly didn't mention it being on Eurosport 1 or 2.  No point in mentioning it if they don't tell you where to watch it. 

They want people to buy and use the app so they make more money, not just now but in future seasons. 

Just now, RobMcCaffery said:

They want people to buy and use the app so they make more money, not just now but in future seasons. 

Good idea, what with them being a business and not a charity.

The Sky/Virgin deal didn't include the player. The main two channels can't show all sports and speedway is way down the pecking order. 

2 minutes ago, CB252 said:

Decent meeting so far. 

Cracking coverage on the Eurosport player.  Good value at 6.99 for a month covering all 4 rounds as well.

Especially when you consider that people will pay upwards of a tenner for a British meeting filmed on a mobile phone.

I have watched every streamed meeting shown in the past two seasons. If they are filmed on mobile phones then they are very good phones. 

If I pay Edinburgh £11.99 I know I'm doing my bit to help then survive Covid. I also have for more interest in their meetings and those of the other streamers than One Sport's contrived offering. It's not all about the price. Sometimes it's about principles and value for money, certainly not gullibility or foolishness as you imply. 

Are you sure you can cancel the Player after one month? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CB252 said:

Good idea, what with them being a business and not a charity.

The Sky/Virgin deal didn't include the player. The main two channels can't show all sports and speedway is way down the pecking order. 

Of course they're not. So you think it's right to move coverage off their two main channels in order  to get people to pay a second subscription? 

Given your argument a business can justify any kind of behaviour as long as it makes money. You have the right to make the choice. Just watch out when the SGPs are taken over by these pirates. 

Businesses love people like you, especially the dodgy ones. 

Edited by RobMcCaffery
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Are you sure you can cancel the Player after one month? 

Of course, there are no hidden agendas when you subscribe, either via prime or directly on the app. You can cancel immediately and the service will cut off after one month.

Hopefully the GPs do get taken over by them. Hell of a lot cheaper than bolting BT Sports onto your Sky package.

The future of TV is in the streaming app unfortunately.  Chances are there will come a day when Eurosport isn't chucked in on Sky packages for next to nothing, which very nearly happened the last time the deal was renewed.  Eurosport nearly disappeared from the Sky channel roster altogether.

The price of the app is very good when weighed against other services.  It offers 18 extra channels which will become particularly useful for people that want to watch multiple events during the Olympics I would imagine.  And of course you only need to pay for the month you need it.  No dodgy 12 month contract.

Edited by CB252

It just amazes me that this forum is full of people picking up on every 'evil' perpetrated by the BSPL, that when a  business is genuinely ripping them off that's okay and they are beyond criticism. There are people bitching about refunds for postponed meetings yet Eurosport can do what they like. 

This used to be a treasured corner of common sense away from the stupidities of the BSF. Sadly those days seem to be over. 

Keep paying the money and remember they're business not charities (*)

(*Of course that excuse doesn't apply to the BSPL). 

We've got a respected promoter on here who can't find the wretched coverage. He's not alone. Do you really think there's not a problem or is the truth too inconvenient for you all?  

Edited by RobMcCaffery

Just now, DanielC said:

Anyway...Robert Lambert what a ride!

Belter. Worth £1.75 for that race alone.

Great riding by Lambert in that one. Bewley also doing well. A shame Lambert had such a rubbish last round. But should make the final. Bewley will need a super ride in the semi to make it through. Good meeting and racing on what is usually a poor track. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, CB252 said:

Decent meeting so far. 

Better coverage with a free stream lol

1 minute ago, r8gdp said:

Better coverage with a free stream lol

Definitely. Would have taken that option was there not a dirt cheap legal option available.

Just gets annoying if the stream gets shut down half way through. Not too much of an issue if you have a couple of backups that you can switch to swiftly.

• Like 1

Good semi from Bewley