British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

SEC 2021 4th and final  round Saturday 10th July Rybnik... live on Eurosport Player

Draw

Starting list:
1. Kai Huckenbeck (Germany)
2. Rune Holta (Poland)
3. Timo Lahti (Finland)
4. Bartosz Smektała (Poland)
5. Patryk Dudek (Poland)
6. Robert Lambert (Great Britain)
7. David Bellego (France)
8. Daniel Bewley (Great Britain)
9. Patrick Hansen (Denmark)
10. Andzejs Lebedevs (Latvia)
11. Mikkel Michelsen (Denmark)
12. Nicki Pedersen (Denmark)
13. Piotr Pawlicki (Poland)
14. Vaclav Milik (Czech Rep)
15. Leon Madsen (Denmark)
16. Sergey Logachev (Russia)
17. Jakub Miśkowiak (Poland)
18. Wiktor Trofimov (Poland)

On 7/6/2021 at 11:18 AM, racers and royals said:

Rune Holta is the wildcard for the final round in Rybnik on Saturday

Good choice, I like to see up and coming youngsters given a chance.  Tut!

Going to miss this tonight, going away on holiday (in the UK) and will be in the Premier In restaurant when it kicks off. Dont think the wife would appreciate me taking the ipad into the dining place.  Presume it will get on You Tube sometime soon.

Just now, OveFundinFan said:

Going to miss this tonight, going away on holiday (in the UK) and will be in the Premier In restaurant when it kicks off. Dont think the wife would appreciate me taking the ipad into the dining place.  Presume it will get on You Tube sometime soon.

It’s only Friday today :) meeting is tomorrow.

If Madsen wins and then makes the top 6 in Gps, does the wildcard go to the second place?

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

In one word no

I guess that would mean another pick for the organisers.

1 minute ago, eric i said:

I guess that would mean another pick for the organisers.

Exactly and it also applies if the SEC champion also qualifies by finishing in the top 3 in the challenge.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

It’s only Friday today :) meeting is tomorrow.

Sorry, in my mind we already on holiday - its been so long, its tomorrow we go on hols and yes I knew the meeting was Saturday evening,  :)

If Madsen wins and then finishes in top 6 in GP's dies 2nd place in Euros get the place.??

I hope Madsen wins, thats gets him into GP 2022, means he can relax and enjoy his racing and hopefully win 2021 WOrld Champ.  Make up for the year he come 2nd (2019) when he had no fuel in his tank in one of the races, got 0 race points, yet lost championship by 2 to Zmarzlik

18 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

If Madsen wins and then finishes in top 6 in GP's dies 2nd place in Euros get the place.??

I hope Madsen wins, thats gets him into GP 2022, means he can relax and enjoy his racing and hopefully win 2021 WOrld Champ.  Make up for the year he come 2nd (2019) when he had no fuel in his tank in one of the races, got 0 race points, yet lost championship by 2 to Zmarzlik

See earlier posts this afternoon and you will get the answer.

Ah right, so the organisers pick.  Shame that, the SEC is strong enough for the runner up to have the place.  Not too sure about the Challenge finals where top 3 go through.

But didnt Craig Cook come 4th in the Challenge and get a GP season  entry from that position.????

15 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Ah right, so the organisers pick.  Shame that, the SEC is strong enough for the runner up to have the place.  Not too sure about the Challenge finals where top 3 go through.

But didnt Craig Cook come 4th in the Challenge and get a GP season  entry from that position.????

My reply just covered what happens if the winner of the SEC finishes in the top 6 or in the top 3 of the challenge- here are the rules in full.

The total SGP points scored by each Rider having taken part in the FIM SGP World Championship Series during the season shall be shown on the Final Overall SGP Classification of that year.

The current year’s Final Overall SGP Classification after removing any Rider having finished in the top 6, but having withdrawn from the SGP for the following year before the following year’s line-up has been published shall determine the Rider’s qualifications for next year’s SGP Championship as follows:

• The top 6 Riders of the Final Overall 2021 SGP Classification (including any qualified Nominated Substitute Rider) will be directly qualified for the following year’s SGP Series. • The top 3 Riders from the 2021 FIM SGP World Championship Qualification Meetings (Art. 71a) will be directly qualified for the FIM Speedway Grand Prix World Championship  following year’s SGP Series. Should a Rider who has qualified from these Qualification Meetings also be in the top 6 of the Final Overall SGP Classification of that year, and then the next available Rider from the FIM SGP World Championship Qualification Meetings will be selected.

• The winner of the 2021 FIME Speedway European Championship will be directly qualified for the following years SGP Series. • Should a Rider who has qualified from the FIME Speedway European Championship also be in the top 6 of the Final Overall SGP Classification of that year, or the top 3 Riders from the FIM SGP World Championship Qualification Meetings (Art. 71a) then an extra additional rider will be nominated by the SGP Commission.

• 5 Additional Riders will be nominated by the SGP Commission. • 1 Wild Card Rider per event decided in accordance with Art. 3.5. • Should a Rider withdraw after the publication of the Official RiderLineup for the following year’s SGP season, then the first Rider available on the official SGP Nominated Substitute List shall replace him. • 6 Riders will be nominated by the SGP Commission for the official SGP Nominated Substitute List.

Edited by racers and royals
  • Thanks 1