British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

SEC 2021 4th and final  round Saturday 10th July Rybnik... live on Eurosport Player

14 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

I want to sit and watch it on TV, and as I already have Eurosport available to me through that, I they now saying you've got pay yet more money to watch it through a different sourse, if so, they can stick it.  We didn't have this problem with BT Sport.

It is annoying if the rest of Europe get it on Eurosport, and the UK that's just signed a big deal with them, don't get it? I'll have a look on Freestream where I usually

manage to watch Swedish & Polish speedway for free.

17 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

I want to sit and watch it on TV, and as I already have Eurosport available to me through that, I they now saying you've got pay yet more money to watch it through a different sourse, if so, they can stick it.  We didn't have this problem with BT Sport.

Yes, indeed,  and this might also happen with the SGP and British league speedway on EUROSPORT :neutral:

27 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

What do you pay Eurosport for their programmes.

2 minutes ago, Bunce said:

It is annoying if the rest of Europe get it on Eurosport, and the UK that's just signed a big deal with them, don't get it? I'll have a look on Freestream where I usually

manage to watch Swedish & Polish speedway for free.

We don't get it here in Germany, too.

Some time ago the OneSport Speedway Events (SEC and the OneSport Best Pairs) were shown on Eurosport 1 TV in Germany for about a year or two, but then it was shifted to the EUROSPORT Player, and this is were speedway remains. They will rather show some Snooker (even usually always with no German involvement) or replays of Tennis or Cycling, rather than live Speedway. That's nothing new to us. Eurosport (Germany) has not helped Speedway much in recent years. The sport is only ever available to watch at extra cost on the EUROSPORT Player.

You will soon realize how good you had it in the past with regular Speedway on Sky and BT Sports.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Yes Dave Rowe in English and Sam Ermolenko in American :)

Dave Rowe in English and Sam Ermolenko in Double Dutch :)

3 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

If it is shown on just the player, for anyone who uses Amazon Prime, you can sign up to a free 1 week trial for eurosport player.

Literally just go to amazon and put eurosport player into the search bar.

I'd check carefully. I think the Eurosport Player you get via Amazon is not the full blown Eurosport Player you get direct from Eurosport. 

Apparently it is called off now.

The re-staging is on Wednesday.

Edited by Bavarian

So we may get to see it on EuroSport after all.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

Apparently it is called off now.

The re-staging is on Wednesday.

Is that confirmed?  Only asking before I take the free week offer, cheers

2 hours ago, Bavarian said:

We don't get it here in Germany, too.

Some time ago the OneSport Speedway Events (SEC and the OneSport Best Pairs) were shown on Eurosport 1 TV in Germany for about a year or two, but then it was shifted to the EUROSPORT Player, and this is were speedway remains. They will rather show some Snooker (even usually always with no German involvement) or replays of Tennis or Cycling, rather than live Speedway. That's nothing new to us. Eurosport (Germany) has not helped Speedway much in recent years. The sport is only ever available to watch at extra cost on the EUROSPORT Player.

You will soon realize how good you had it in the past with regular Speedway on Sky and BT Sports.  

I agree. Years ago I paid for Sky Sport, then they ditched Speedway, so I ditched them. BT Sport took over and I did get BT Sport much cheaper because I have BT Internet and landline. Now they only cover the GP's AND tried to charge me full price for Sport, so I ditched them also. Fortunately I get Eurosport as part of my Sky package, but even they have hardly set the World on fire with their coverage, and they keep changing the matches that appear on the Sky planner.

Edited by Bunce
spelling mistake.