British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

SEC 2021 4th and final  round Saturday 10th July Rybnik... live on Eurosport Player

1900 start local time - 1800 UK. 

46 minutes ago, screm said:

So we may get to see it on EuroSport after all.

We can but hope!

Both Eurosport channels appear to be showing recorded programming at 6pm Wednesday so there's hope.

Might be a good idea if as many as possible email Eurosport   ukcomms@eurosport.com  politely  asking  if they will be showing the re-arranged speedway  SEC 1st round on Wednesday at 6pm on their main channel live ?

• Like 2

On 6/13/2021 at 9:19 AM, racers and royals said:

Might be a good idea if as many as possible email Eurosport   ukcomms@eurosport.com  politely  asking  if they will be showing the re-arranged speedway  SEC 1st round on Wednesday at 6pm on their main channel live ?

Anyone asked Eurosport yet and got an answer ??

3 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Anyone asked Eurosport yet and got an answer ??

I mailed them but have had no reply.

I'm kinda hopeful as they just have random nonsense on at the time, but their player app still has it only listed as being on there...not one of the actual channels.

Edited by HenryW

40 minutes ago, Noodles said:

It's on Eurosport player again. 

Then they are an absolute disgrace- don`t they realise there are 2 brits in it :mad:

I suggest as many people register their displeasure on https://www.facebook.com/EurosportUK/?brand_redir=20245299744

This is my Facebook post

I think it`s bordering on disgraceful that you are only showing the re-arranged Speedway Euro Championships on Wednesday from Bydgoszcz- one of the best tracks in the world on player only. There are 2 British riders in the field and nothing live at that time on the main channels.

Edited by racers and royals

6 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Then they are an absolute disgrace- don`t they realise there are 2 brits in it :mad:

I suggest as many people register their displeasure on https://www.facebook.com/EurosportUK/?brand_redir=20245299744

This is my Facebook post

I think it`s bordering on disgraceful that you are only showing the re-arranged Speedway Euro Championships on Wednesday from Bydgoszcz- one of the best tracks in the world on player only. There are 2 British riders in the field and nothing live at that time on the main channels.

And after this season we're going to be relying on this shower to provide all British matches plus the SGP and SON. They can't eve be trusted to show the SEC!

Their schedule for Wednesday -

Channel 1 - 1800 - Look back at 2012 Olympics, followed by recoded highlights of Italian cycling. 

Channel 2 - 1800 - Recorded highlights of the shooting world cup followed by recorded highlights of the French Open tennis.

It's clear that they are trying to prise extra payments from existing subscribers by way of forcing then to take 0ut an extra sub to their wretched Eurosport Player. 

With their appalling record regarding highlights  - just showing the final hour uncut despite their pious promises I can see serious problems ahead. Now they've got their hands on the Premiership Abi was repeatedly telling us about all the lovely motorcycle racing that we are obviously desperate to watch. They  simply do not get it that speedway is very much apart from other motorsports with a very distinct audience. Forget Superbikes, I want to see all the speedway events that they are signed up to. 

Still, they gave the BSPL and the FIM nice cheques (okay bank transfers) so s*d the fans......

Their past record has shown they are not a safe pair of hands. I, like many, were hoping they'd changed. They clearly haven't, and extra talking at Premiership meetings does nothing to paper over the yawning cracks. 

Edited by RobMcCaffery
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, racers and royals said:

This is my Facebook post

I've messaged them on the link you provided Tim, not really au fait with Facebook but this is what I sent;

"Please consider showing the SEC Speedway meeting on your normal channels this Wednesday evening, there is British representation and many of us would appreciate being able to watch it, thank you"

1 minute ago, nw42 said:

I've messaged them on the link you provided Tim, not really au fait with Facebook but this is what I sent;

"Please consider showing the SEC Speedway meeting on your normal channels this Wednesday evening, there is British representation and many of us would appreciate being able to watch it, thank you"

Thanks- slightly more diplomatically put than myself  :D

2 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Thanks- slightly more diplomatically put than myself  :D

Well I thought I'd  go in softly and see what happens.  Do they actually reply to peoples messages as a rule, or is it just lip service?  I'm a big fan of  Email the CEO via this wonderful site https://www.ceoemail.com/index.php   have used it numerous times when not getting anywhere using the recognised avenues, British Gas, BT, One Stop Insurance to name but 3, it has worked every time, not necessarily with them replying but them handing it to someone who will ensure I get a call.  The previous CEO  of British Gas actually replied directly within an hour to advise he was just boarding a flight but would ensure I received a call within 2 hours, which I did, so it does work.  

Here's the details that are provided for Eurosport's top cheese if anyone fancies filling his inbox,  https://ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-290346&c=Eurosport Television-CEO   they have always been up to date with my previous attempts, so no reason to suspect that this one isn't.

3 minutes ago, nw42 said:

Well I thought I'd  go in softly and see what happens.  Do they actually reply to peoples messages as a rule, or is it just lip service?  I'm a big fan of  Email the CEO via this wonderful site https://www.ceoemail.com/index.php   have used it numerous times when not getting anywhere using the recognised avenues, British Gas, BT, One Stop Insurance to name but 3, it has worked every time, not necessarily with them replying but them handing it to someone who will ensure I get a call.  The previous CEO  of British Gas actually replied directly within an hour to advise he was just boarding a flight but would ensure I received a call within 2 hours, which I did, so it does work.  

Here's the details that are provided for Eurosport's top cheese if anyone fancies filling his inbox,  https://ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-290346&c=Eurosport Television-CEO   they have always been up to date with my previous attempts, so no reason to suspect that this one isn't.

I have sort of given up with them - this is an email i sent in July 2019 to them.

PLEASE PASS THIS EMAIL TO THE EUROSPORT UK PROGRAMME SCHEDULE CONTROLLER

Dear sirs, Eurosport this year are showing the 3rd and 4th most important world speedway competitions namely 1/ speedway European championships(SEC) 4 rounds 2/ World U21 championships 3 rounds. The Promoters are a Polish company(Onesport) so maybe the contract was agreed and signed by Eurosport Poland.

the 1st round of the World U21 competition was held on Saturday June 22nd- it was shown live on Eurosport Poland and i believe on Eurosport player here in the UK. The 1st showing on TV was an hour highlights on Tuesday morning 25th, and the programme started at heat 19 out of 23 races !!!!

The 1st final of the SEC competition is next Saturday July 13th from Gustrow Germany. The meeting starts at 1900 local time(1800 here in the UK) with once again Eurosport Poland showing the whole match live. Eurosport UK goes live at 19.45 for 75 mins which undoubtedly will mean British viewers will join the action at about race 17 of a 22 race programme !!!

Speedway fans like myself get frustrated at missing races, and myself and others would far prefer you showing the whole meeting on "delayed live" ie show next Saturday`s whole meeting for 3 hours from 19.45, if you cannot programme the meeting live because of other sport on the 2 channels. We can keep away from checking scores until transmission starts. you are sending 2 commentators to the tracks for the 7 rounds so i would think you would like to get the maximum viewing figures you can get.