British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

SEC 2021 4th and final  round Saturday 10th July Rybnik... live on Eurosport Player

They are listed as Russians on the official starting list from FIM Europe.

This was not the case with Russian riders in the Ice Speedway World Championship earlier this year.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2021 at 3:54 AM, HenryW said:

Quite possibly the oddest question that I have ever asked on this forum, but does anyone know if Russian riders are allowed to be Russian riders in the SEC?
I thought that Russians couldn't be Russians in major international sports events due to the WADA rulings...but after watching the Formula 3 today and seeing a Russian on the top step of the podium with a Russian flag and given the Russian national anthem, I was confused.
From what I gathered from random forums and reddit was that it was OK in F3 because it wasn't a "world championship"...despite the fact that it has drivers from any nation and is scheduled to race across continents. 
So...I am thinking that SEC is fine for Russians to be Russians, but was wondering if anyone knows for sure if this is the case?

Who knows with speedway, but I did see at the recent and current World Curling Championships ( mixed doubles currently on in Aberdeen) that all teams were RCF instead of Russia

16 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Who knows with speedway, but I did see at the recent and current World Curling Championships ( mixed doubles currently on in Aberdeen) that all teams were RCF instead of Russia

Seemed no Russia at the ice hockey either

Currently lashing it down with rain in Pardubice this am 

34 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Seemed no Russia at the ice hockey either

Guess the Curling and Ice Hockey also act as qualifying tournaments for the Winter Olympics and are therefore official world tournaments. Whereas speedway is a bit Mickey Mouse and not really recognized even as a sport outside a small circle

But would it also be down to a team not representing Russia, but individuals can be listed as Russian ?

Edited by iris123

9 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Kai Huckenbeck not riding and is replaced by Matic Ivacic

Thanks, but I am surprised that the place does not go to another German. Wasn't it mentioned somewhere here on the BSF that Brimingham's Valentin Grobauer is over there as a stand-bye reserve, and is therefore missing tonight's championship meeting at Berwick ? 

Intermittent sun and scattered clouds in Pardubice at the moment the rain passed over this am forecast is mainly dry for rest of the day fingers crossed

• Thanks 1