British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

SEC 2021 4th and final  round Saturday 10th July Rybnik... live on Eurosport Player

8 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

And after this season we're going to be relying on this shower to provide all British matches plus the SGP and SON. They can't eve be trusted to show the SEC!

Their schedule for Wednesday -

Channel 1 - 1800 - Look back at 2012 Olympics, followed by recoded highlights of Italian cycling. 

Channel 2 - 1800 - Recorded highlights of the shooting world cup followed by recorded highlights of the French Open tennis.

It's clear that they are trying to prise extra payments from existing subscribers by way of forcing then to take 0ut an extra sub to their wretched Eurosport Player. 

With their appalling record regarding highlights  - just showing the final hour uncut despite their pious promises I can see serious problems ahead. Now they've got their hands on the Premiership Abi was repeatedly telling us about all the lovely motorcycle racing that we are obviously desperate to watch. They  simply do not get it that speedway is very much apart from other motorsports with a very distinct audience. Forget Superbikes, I want to see all the speedway events that they are signed up to. 

Still, they gave the BSPL and the FIM nice cheques (okay bank transfers) so s*d the fans......

Their past record has shown they are not a safe pair of hands. I, like many, were hoping they'd changed. They clearly haven't, and extra talking at Premiership meetings does nothing to paper over the yawning cracks. 

Would you tell us how you already subscribe to Eurosport if not the player.

I have just received a reply from Eurosport, see below. Don't know if anyone spell checks their emails, strange that they have trouble spelling Eurosport!

Hello Mr *** ******

Thank you for contacting Europsort Customer Support.

I understand that you wish to know if we will be broadcasting the Speedway European Championship, and I will gladly check for you.

After verification, I see that the event will be broadcast on one of our bonus channels and not the main ones. To access our bonus channel, you need to have a subscription directly from our website https://auth.eurosportplayer.com/product and you will have access to all the devices listed here.

I am happy we are providing the Speedway fans with more events to enjoy, and I hope you will get to watch the Speedway European Championship.

I hope this answers your question, and I remain available shall you need further information.

Have a nice day!

Kind regards,

Zineb
Eurosport Customer Support

It’s pretty clear it’s not going to be on the 2 main channels. So what are the alternatives? 

Perhaps SpeedwayRus is showing it live on VK.com

Go to VK.com. Do a search for SpeedwayRus. Live meetings normally show up a minute or two before tapes up. Good quality.

Hopefully one of the usual sources like Maniak will stream it. If not, the option is to spend out on Eurosport player. 

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It’s pretty clear it’s not going to be on the 2 main channels. So what are the alternatives? 

Perhaps SpeedwayRus is showing it live on VK.com

Go to VK.com. Do a search for SpeedwayRus. Live meetings normally show up a minute or two before tapes up. Good quality.

Hopefully one of the usual sources like Maniak will stream it. If not, the option is to spend out on Eurosport player. 

Or iptv pro with a vpn

11 minutes ago, LesR said:

I have just received a reply from Eurosport, see below. Don't know if anyone spell checks their emails, strange that they have trouble spelling Eurosport!

Hello Mr *** ******

Thank you for contacting Europsort Customer Support.

I understand that you wish to know if we will be broadcasting the Speedway European Championship, and I will gladly check for you.

After verification, I see that the event will be broadcast on one of our bonus channels and not the main ones. To access our bonus channel, you need to have a subscription directly from our website https://auth.eurosportplayer.com/product and you will have access to all the devices listed here.

I am happy we are providing the Speedway fans with more events to enjoy, and I hope you will get to watch the Speedway European Championship.

I hope this answers your question, and I remain available shall you need further information.

Have a nice day!

Kind regards,

Zineb
Eurosport Customer Support

I would suggest you reply and ask why  they are not showing it on their main channels when they have nothing live on at the time on either channel and there are 2 British riders in the meeting.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Silver Cheetah Snr said:

My Virgin Media subscription includes Eurosport. It's not priced separately as with BT Sport but a proportion of my sub goes to Eurosport monthly. 

1 hour ago, Silver Cheetah Snr said:

Through virgin in my case.

It's really not difficult to work out that people usually get access to eurosport via means other than the player.

1 hour ago, LesR said:

Or iptv pro with a vpn

Hi Les, please explain. I use a vpn and have Sportsmania as my go-to for my sports channels. But they don’t stream Polish Eurosport, only U.K. Eurosport.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

10 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

Through virgin in my case.

It's really not difficult to work out that people usually get access to eurosport via means other than the player.

Under the present system, unlike Sky Sports, BT Sport and Premier Sports there is no extra charge for Eurosport which is included in most pay-TV basic bundles.

It means that they are one of many hungry mouths taking a small share of Virgin or Sky subscriptions. One way to increase revenue is to encourage the sale of subscriptions to their  Eurosport Player. I see various charges and offer s mentioned but £6.99 a month seems to be the most commonplace charge. 

So, how to encourage sales? Transfer programming from  the main channel to the Player and that would seem to be at the root of this latest fiasco. It was perhaps understandable on a busy Saturday night to shift the speedway  onto a 'Bonus' (sic) channel but clearly not on Wednesday where the refusal to move recorded programming is clearly a product of greed or stupidity. 

Ah yes, 'bonus' channels. These come normally as part of the regular subscription prices. In BT's case you pay for four channels and get a varying number of 'bonus' channels according to need, say busy European football nights. Hence they are a bonus.

Requiring an additional  subscription to watch such channels makes the name 'bonus' ironic at best. To call the Player extra channels 'bonus' is shifty management speak \at its worst. Next they'll say we have a wonderful opportunity to pay for Eurosport Player.

Most people subscribed to Eurosport don't know they do. They pay Sky or Virgin for a bundle of channels, most of which include Eurosport  and few know or care.

It's a long way from Eurosport's origins as a joint venture between Sky and Eurovision in 1989 when it was Sky's only sport channel. Yes, Eurovision, the alliance of European state broadcasters is more than a ridiculous song contest.

Still, we've  got all those wonderful superbikes to watch. 

I'd meant to stick to basic facts in this forum and keep opinion out after painful experience outside the international section. Only Eurosport could have sabotaged that. Back to the basics of what to see and when now....

• Like 1

Someone posted at weekend that there is a free weeks trial for Eurosport player, which there is, but then someone else said this would be limited and may not include the part that will be showing the live speedway, can anyone confirm this either way?

Edited by nw42
week not month

I have just sent this email to a top Eurosport executive

Dear sir,

Eurosport have the rights to the European speedway championships which are the 3rd most important speedway events on the calendar( 4 rounds) The series is promoted by a Polish company Onesport ltd and i think the contract was done by Eurosport Poland.

The first round was scheduled for last Saturday- live on Eurosport Poland but was unfortunately rained off and re-scheduled for this Wednesday June 16th again live on Eurosport Poland.

As far as British viewers Saturday was scheduled to be shown on the Eurosport player because of other live sport on the main channels.

This Wednesday it is again scheduled for the player despite there being no live sport on Eurosport 1 or 2.

There are a lot of angry British speedway fans like myself extremely disappointed with your scheduling decision. Tomorrow's meeting starts at 6pm UK time at Bydgoszcz one of the great race tracks of the world and has 2 British riders competing.

Please will you consider to make the sensible decision to show the meeting on one of your main channels.

How about just sacking it off and watching a re-run of Panthers v Wolves...I would say Swedish speedway but it's just so boring.

7 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

How about just sacking it off and watching a re-run of Panthers v Wolves...I would say Swedish speedway but it's just so boring.

Watching last night's meeting now, not bad at all so far.

On 6/13/2021 at 9:19 AM, racers and royals said:

ukcomms@eurosport.com 

Hi Racers and Royals. Firstly thanks for all the input you put in on telling us what speedway can be viewed and for writting to Eurosport. I have wrote the following to them :-

I have just seen on the British Speedway Forum a member has sent you the following e-mail shown at the end of my e-mail. I fully support what he says. I would also like to add the following. Many people who view your main channels get them free as part of their package with another supplier e.g. Virgin or Sky. They may have taken the fact in to account that Eurosport was included when they purchased that package. If you cannot show the meeting live on your main channels, then I request, please can you put a full recording of it on one of these channels as soon as your schedule can fit it and ensuring it goes on the TV menus, so people know it is being shown. If you feel this is a regular occurrence that it will be shown only on your player, please be honest and say so, that way a small percentage of the many speedway fans (currently unhappy with speedway being moved to the e-player) may be willing to purchase the player. I believe there has also been a suggestion that Speedway fans can watch other motorsports on your channel. I have been a speedway fan all my live and know many fans. I would say the majority who watch speedway are unlikely to watch the other types of motorsports you show, and very view fans own a motorbike.