British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

SEC 2021 4th and final  round Saturday 10th July Rybnik... live on Eurosport Player

If its cancelled (not postponed) then why bother with the rest.

It will probably be handled the same way as last year, with the qualifiers all cancelled and sixteen riders seeded to the SEC Challenge

On 3/28/2021 at 8:38 PM, Bavarian said:

It will probably be handled the same way as last year, with the qualifiers all cancelled and sixteen riders seeded to the SEC Challenge

All qualifiers are now cancelled.

I imagine if its national seeds it would be one each from UK (Bewley) ,Poland, Sweden, Denmark,Russia, Germany, then the best 3 available riders from the pool of Slovakia,Slovenia,France,Ukraine,Finland,italy,Croatia,Holland and any other nations I ve forgotten.

To me that seems the fairest solution.

4 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

I imagine if its national seeds it would be one each from UK (Bewley) ,Poland, Sweden, Denmark,Russia, Germany, then the best 3 available riders from the pool of Slovakia,Slovenia,France,Ukraine,Finland,italy,Croatia,Holland and any other nations I ve forgotten.

To me that seems the fairest solution.

10 altogether  would be required + 5 + 1 WC

if we are faced with the fact of behind closed doors series again this year, it kinda makes the whole reason for a local wildcard a mute point. 

But in response to my maths malfunction just add the extra seed to the pool of "minor" nations. :)

21 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

if we are faced with the fact of behind closed doors series again this year, it kinda makes the whole reason for a local wildcard a mute point. 

But in response to my maths malfunction just add the extra seed to the pool of "minor" nations. :)

Not sure the Danes need another rider in it they have 3 already + Lambert and  Smektala

On results from last season's SEC; Timo Lahti should be included this year, if the organisers are simply going to pick/nominate riders.

6 minutes ago, moomin man 76 said:

On results from last season's SEC; Timo Lahti should be included this year, if the organisers are simply going to pick/nominate riders.

Fully agree- Lahti and Bellego will be the 1st 2 on the list- hopefully Vadim Tarasienko will be one of the others.

12 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Not sure the Danes need another rider in it they have 3 already + Lambert and  Smektala

You shouldn't punish success though, so the Danes should still IMHO get a seed as well.

Why's Laguta pulled out?

15 hours ago, RPNY said:

Why's Laguta pulled out?

Didn't agree on money terms.