British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

SEC 2021 4th and final  round Saturday 10th July Rybnik... live on Eurosport Player

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

Thanks R&R for the link.  Good meeting. Well done Dan, quite impressive. Seem Russia has a new star in Tarashenko, anyone know how old  he is?                  
Glad Madsen does not seem badly injured, Mikelson was a bit naughty there, but it was an all action race. Madsen did very well to win that rerun.            
Good track, but got a wide line everyone wanted.

Tarasenko is a Laguta, Artem and Grigory are his uncles.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HenryW said:

As long as they have been out of the UK for 10 days I would think they would be fine.

Lambert is living full time in Poland, is he not? If so, he shouldn't have problems.

Dan is due to be at Glasgow this weekend and then at Kings Lynn 2 days before the Gustrow round so he definitely could have problems.

Think sport stars have special dispensation to travel due to amounts of testing done through the week 

On 6/6/2021 at 2:46 PM, Silver Cheetah Snr said:

And this is the channel that is taking over showing the Grand Prix

Typical Eurosport not to be relied on

5 hours ago, Buttons said:

Typical Eurosport not to be relied on

It may sound odd but they may not be showing the SGP. Eurosport is more than a couple of TV channels and a dodgy app/player since it was taken over by Discovery. 

Another part of Eurosport called Eurosport Events is taking over the running of the events from BSI. However BSI had lucrative deals for TV coverage with the likes of NSport/Canal Plus in Poland and may decide it's more profitable to keep selling the rights to third parties. We can but hope. BT still have the SGP/SoN this year so we have a season's grace.

But yes, you cannot rely on Eurosport................

2 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

It may sound odd but they may not be showing the SGP. Eurosport is more than a couple of TV channels and a dodgy app/player since it was taken over by Discovery. 

Another part of Eurosport called Eurosport Events is taking over the running of the events from BSI. However BSI had lucrative deals for TV coverage with the likes of NSport/Canal Plus in Poland and may decide it's more profitable to keep selling the rights to third parties. We can but hope. BT still have the SGP/SoN this year so we have a season's grace.

But yes, you cannot rely on Eurosport................

That is exactly what i have been saying for months yet people automatically say Eurosport events= Eurosport TV. It might be but it`s no certainty.

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

That is exactly what i have been saying for months yet people automatically say Eurosport events= Eurosport TV. It might be but it`s no certainty.

I knew I'd heard it somewhere ;-)

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Neila said:

Think sport stars have special dispensation to travel due to amounts of testing done through the week 

Yeah, but that would be dependant on what the German Government class as "sports stars". The point was that they didn't class riders going to World U21 qualifying rounds in this way, so the Brits that were due to race in Germany recently had to forfeit their place in the qualifying round in Germany.
SEC competitors MAY be looked on more favourably as it is a higher level of compatition, but who knows!

• Like 1

Laukas Baumann is the wildcard in  Gustrow

Draw
1. Mikkel Michelsen (Denmark)
2. Vaclav Milik (Czech Rep.)
3. Piotr Pawlicki (Poland)
4. Leon Madsen (Denmark)
5. Timo Lahti (Finland)
6. Bartosz Smektala (Poland)
7. David Bellego (France)
8. Kai Huckenbeck (Germany)
9. Robert Lambert (Great Britain)
10. Andzejs Lebedevs (Latvia)
11. Patryk Dudek (Poland)
12. Lukas Baumann (Germany)
13. Sergey Logachev (Russia)
14. Patrick Hansen (Denmark)
15. Nicki Pedersen (Denmark)
15. Daniel Bewley (Great Britain)
17. Ben Ernst (Germany)
18. Mario Niedermeier (Germany)

Edited by racers and royals

Congratulations to Eurosport- with live Equestrianism on Eurosport 1 and Superbike HIGHLIGHTS ** on Eurosport 2   the SEC 2nd round from Gustrow at 7pm UK time on Saturday June 26th is on Eurosport player only.

** Australia 7-8pm, British 8-9.25pm

I GIVE UP   :mad: :mad:

Time for the SEC to take their comp off Eurosport for not broadcasting it in the U.K.

3 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Congratulations to Eurosport- with live Equestrianism on Eurosport 1 and Superbike HIGHLIGHTS ** on Eurosport 2   the SEC 2nd round from Gustrow at 7pm UK time on Saturday June 26th is on Eurosport player only.

** Australia 7-8pm, British 8-9.25pm

I GIVE UP   :mad: :mad:

Could it be that Eurosport are doing this, in the hope that more people will buy their app?  I won't, but some may 

5 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Could it be that Eurosport are doing this, in the hope that more people will buy their app?  I won't, but some may 

Obviously they are- what us the British speedway viewing public need  is to find a good  way of putting  pressure on them to pack that game in !!!!

Any ideas anyone ??

On 6/15/2021 at 8:44 AM, nw42 said:

Well I thought I'd  go in softly and see what happens.  Do they actually reply to peoples messages as a rule, or is it just lip service?  I'm a big fan of  Email the CEO via this wonderful site https://www.ceoemail.com/index.php   have used it numerous times when not getting anywhere using the recognised avenues, British Gas, BT, One Stop Insurance to name but 3, it has worked every time, not necessarily with them replying but them handing it to someone who will ensure I get a call.  The previous CEO  of British Gas actually replied directly within an hour to advise he was just boarding a flight but would ensure I received a call within 2 hours, which I did, so it does work.  

Here's the details that are provided for Eurosport's top cheese if anyone fancies filling his inbox,  https://ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-290346&c=Eurosport Television-CEO   they have always been up to date with my previous attempts, so no reason to suspect that this one isn't.

Tried to send a message using the link, but got the mail returned as "address not found".:mad:

16 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Tried to send a message using the link, but got the mail returned as "address not found".:mad:

Sorry about that, it's maybe not been updated, as I said I've used the site before with relative success but not for Eurosport.  Hope it wasn't a long email as that would be even more frustrating for you.