British Speedway Forum
TonyMac

Best Fact About Your Team

Just now, Midland Red said:

To me, the worst spelling mistake was (maybe still is) in the pits at Brandon, where the sign proudly proclaimed....

BEE’S

Oh, don't get me started on those bloody apostrophes!!! :mad:

When I see signs like this - a greengrocer selling "apple's", I want to ask, "an apple's what?" :rofl:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RS50 said:

Once needed a race to be re-run because a spectator decided to walk across the track during a race, causing a rider to take avoiding action. 

Where?

Owlerton. If memory correct it was Tigers v Newport at 3rd division level. Despite what happened the race did continue, as it was an easy 5 1 to Sheffield. However there was an objection after the race and the referee ordered a re run. Spectator thrown out of the stadium. 

Any idea when - season?

4 hours ago, TonyMac said:

Any idea when - season?

Must have been some time ago. I reckon it must be about 16 years since Tigers had a second team. 

It wasn't a paying spectator,just a bloke who thought he could take a short cut through the stadium to get to Shirecliffe!

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2021 at 7:34 PM, Midland Red said:

To me, the worst spelling mistake was (maybe still is) in the pits at Brandon, where the sign proudly proclaimed....

BEE’S

KNEES?

Edited by Split
Change.