British Speedway Forum
TonyMac

Best Fact About Your Team

48 minutes ago, nw42 said:

Loved the smell from that bakery as we approached the turnstiles.

Beats the smell from Telfers meat pie factory down the street.

I'm reasonably confident that I've tripped and fell over something at my local speedway stadium and that no one has tripped over one of these at any other track in the country. To give some context it was back in the 80's when fans and riders packed the bar after meetings and living within walking distance it was always around midnight before tottering out of a very dark, unlit stadium and car park.

Any guesses? If not, answer tomorrow! 

Famously flooded in September 1968 with great pictures of someone rowing round the track

After the meeting visiting "Alf's Fish and Chips".

7 hours ago, Shrub said:

I'm reasonably confident that I've tripped and fell over something at my local speedway stadium and that no one has tripped over one of these at any other track in the country. To give some context it was back in the 80's when fans and riders packed the bar after meetings and living within walking distance it was always around midnight before tottering out of a very dark, unlit stadium and car park.

Any guesses? If not, answer tomorrow! 

Beaver?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, nw42 said:

Beaver?

John Berry's wallet?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

John Berry's wallet?

Drunk and in the pitch black I'd still be able to avoid that!

• Like 1

Champions for 2 out of past 3 years, more famous for the back straight bog crew:D

Edited by auntie doris

On 12/13/2020 at 10:41 AM, prodons said:

Famously flooded in September 1968 with great pictures of someone rowing round the track

Flooded a few years before then too!

On 12/13/2020 at 10:34 AM, bruno said:

Pork sarnies

And scratchings!

• Like 1

Is this a quiz -can somebody give me the answers? I can figure a couple out- pork sarnies has to be CH, and the third tier WF reserve is Geoff Mardon who was with  Aldershot-then Wimbledon later on.. Where is Art's Fish and Chips etc!!!! Please help as this is driving me crazy!!

2 hours ago, BOBBATH said:

Is this a quiz -can somebody give me the answers? I can figure a couple out- pork sarnies has to be CH, and the third tier WF reserve is Geoff Mardon who was with  Aldershot-then Wimbledon later on.. Where is Art's Fish and Chips etc!!!! Please help as this is driving me crazy!!

Wimbledon was also where my parents met...