British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BuxtonTiger

AGM

Something I would like to know. I know this is a difficult and uncertain time for promoters, but just about everything I have heard is rather vague. 

34 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Something I would like to know. I know this is a difficult and uncertain time for promoters, but just about everything I have heard is rather vague. 

Just the same as any other year then...?:D

• Sad 1

They cannot meet as a group but have been having weekly Zoom meetings as quoted by Mr Dickson in the Star this week and on the BSPL website today.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Just the same as any other year then...?:D

Usually know a lot more by this time, and usually a lot of signings announced. 

8 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Usually know a lot more by this time, and usually a lot of signings announced. 

95% of teams will be same as 2020 so nothing to announce. 

a 38 point limit would be good for the future of the sport in general and also weed out those high earners and force them into the  top league to stop them milking it !

just mi opinion lyke .  :shock:

1 hour ago, HGould said:

95% of teams will be same as 2020 so nothing to announce. 

We already know of at least 4 teams that will have to make changes (Swindon, Leicester, Newcastle Kent). So if 95% are not making changes then that means there must be another 76 teams in the two leagues that are not making changes!

• Haha 1

Birmingham will be forced into a change (unless a certain rider is digging a tunnel). Doubt if Pedersen will be at Sheffield. Sheffield also indicated early on that there would be another change. 

2 hours ago, jenga said:

a 38 point limit would be good for the future of the sport in general and also weed out those high earners and force them into the  top league to stop them milking it !

just mi opinion lyke .  :shock:

Yes because constantly lowering the points limit over the past 20 odd years has worked so well! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spl77 said:

Yes because constantly lowering the points limit over the past 20 odd years has worked so well! 

Just as well as keeping the odd "GP star" on big money at certain tracks but not all has....

Typically a lack of leadership to go either one way or the other has led to the 'Speedway Answer' which is always a 'halfway house', or in other words the "Let's try to appease everyone and get to the end of this season, then we will sort it all out (again)" 'solution'..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Spl77 said:

would that not make it more easy on promoters and fans  to keep supplying a product while having a product that was more inline with everyones pockets . if they want to earn BIG money, get a job on an oil rig and sea how that goes ..

also i think the gate money has had to go up as the years go by due to riders demands , 

get yourself to a schoolboys mx, its better than watching grown up adults spitting their dummies  when the track is not smooth enough !

so for 20 odd years the price has been going up and still we find the sport no further on in entertainment ... . 

• Like 1