British Speedway Forum

Rye House will always have special memories for me as I saw my first ever speedway meeting there in 1960.

On 1/8/2021 at 11:02 AM, Chris said:

https://publicaccess.eastherts.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=makeComment&keyVal=QLHBGCGL00X00

Link to object to the retrospective planning permission for the football pitches that he has already started building

We need as many people to object to this as possible. Just make sure you OBJECT. Several have supported by mistake.

56 minutes ago, K3Scotty said:

We need as many people to object to this as possible. Just make sure you OBJECT. Several have supported by mistake.

Done it.

• Like 1

Done....

Done

About 85-90% object too....

Be good if everyone on here, and all other club forums, added their names and comments to it..

Sent off my objection yesterday. To anyone feeling that they are not very articulate, be aware that there is no need to give a reason for your objection. It is enough to just say "I object to this application and urge your committee to reject it." 

That's what we advised people to do in respect of the planning application to get Birmingham up and running again in 2007. When the application came up for discussion all that the planning officer stated at the meeting was that x-number of objections and x-number of letters of support had been received. His written report mentioned a few of the reasons for both objections and supports - but only a few.

We (Birmingham Supporters' Club) printed several hundred blanks which included just the Planning Application reference number, and asked everyone to just write in their name and address and then write in the space below "I support this application, and ask the Planning Committee to please approve it." We then placed them all in individual envelopes and delivered them to the Planning Office. (If they had all gone into the same envelope then the Planning Officer would have treated them as a petition which only counts as one supporting letter.)

That's all that was needed to get it recorded.

• Like 1

Likewise...done!

Just signed.  There has been over 1,600 signatures so far, the majority objecting with only a few hundred in support. Would be good if we could get over 1,500 or more objections.  It's especially annoying that the new owners can start digging up the track before they've even got their planning permission passed (hopefully to be refused) total arrogance.

Done.

Arrogance similar to Clark Osbourne. Not to be trusted.

• Like 2

On 1/13/2021 at 10:46 PM, hammer1969 said:

Just signed.  There has been over 1,600 signatures so far, the majority objecting with only a few hundred in support. Would be good if we could get over 1,500 or more objections.  It's especially annoying that the new owners can start digging up the track before they've even got their planning permission passed (hopefully to be refused) total arrogance.

Same happened at workington often wondered if the rugby needed permission to dig up the track, still at least we didnt have to pay for a new stadium.