British Speedway Forum

6 hours ago, Fixer2 said:

Objection lodged....95 for 95 against....

mine lodged lets really get this going

Edited by startline sid

11 hours ago, noaksey said:

The "car park" ?

Probably... I steered well clear of the place!

As will be noted, the latest planning application for the Rye House site is the second one to be submitted, with the original application having been withdrawn. This means that we need all those good speedway people who objected to application one to resubmit their objection.

It would be a mistake to assume that objections to the first application will automatically be carried over to the second one - it is clear from an examination of the numbers of objections and supporting messages showing on the Council's website, that this is not going to be the case. Over 1,900 objections/messages of support were logged for the first application, but only 243 for the second.

8 hours ago, brianbuck said:

As will be noted, the latest planning application for the Rye House site is the second one to be submitted, with the original application having been withdrawn. This means that we need all those good speedway people who objected to application one to resubmit their objection.

It would be a mistake to assume that objections to the first application will automatically be carried over to the second one - it is clear from an examination of the numbers of objections and supporting messages showing on the Council's website, that this is not going to be the case. Over 1,900 objections/messages of support were logged for the first application, but only 243 for the second.

Thanks for this Brian, your views on and experience of the planning process are welcomed and respected. 

We have until August 12th to object so we still have over three weeks to build that objection total. 

Having studied the actions of the two authorities (Lee Valley Park and East Herts District Council) our barrister is in the process of reporting this case to the Local Government Ombudsman. 

There have now been four planning applications, all retrospective, one of which was withdrawn after rejection by key consultees over flood risk and access concerns. You do begin to wonder what's going on. I rather think our barrister will find out. He's very interested in this case. 

We need those objections and we thank all that have objected so far. . The total last time was very impressive  and could have a key role to play.  We need to prove that there IS a future for speedway at Rye House, that there are strong economic considerations for retaining speedway in view of its attraction to the area of many from over the country. 

We always knew it was going to be a difficult fight but as you know the effort can pay off. There's something wrong and we aim to put it right! There are worse things to spend your spare time on......

Edited by RobMcCaffery
  • Like 1

My objection sent! Good luck to all those directly involved.

We're the lead story on page 2 of this week's Speedway Star. Thanks to Paul, Andy and the rest of the team at Pinegen. 

• Like 1

Sent my objection, together with my comments. :)

Very best wishes to you and your group Rob. If I can be of help in any way, I will be pleased to do so.

8 minutes ago, brianbuck said:

Very best wishes to you and your group Rob. If I can be of help in any way, I will be pleased to do so.

Many thanks Brian, I suspect we will be talking at some point. 

On 7/20/2021 at 11:58 PM, RobMcCaffery said:

The link to the comments page on the council's website is here. 

It could be your track next time. 

https://publicaccess.eastherts.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=makeComment&keyVal=QUE1RFGLN4800

It already has been my track...Coventry. Where there's Oxford, there's hope though!

Rye House objection sent. Shocking what's happened there but great to see people like yourself leading the fight to get it back.