British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
a4poster

Once The Envy Of The World...

I am talking about the Royal Mail.  Another national treasure that since privatisation now see profit over service.

I write this once again as my Speedway Star has failed to arrive.  They can blame the Christmas rush or COVID-19 but the bottom line is when you purchase the postage you enter into a contract with them to deliver your items within a certain time span.  Something that it appears to be failing all too often.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, a4poster said:

They can blame the Christmas rush or COVID-19 but the bottom line is when you purchase the postage you enter into a contract with them to deliver your items within a certain time span.  

I'd be curious to see if that's right.  

Normal stamped post has delivery aims but no guarantees attached on a certain time span.

Happy to be corrected tho.

I think you are right unless of course you have the special delivery guaranteed service (9AM & 1PM). But they regularly don't deliver those on time either......

51 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

I'd be curious to see if that's right.  

Normal stamped post has delivery aims but no guarantees attached on a certain time span.

Happy to be corrected tho.

I agree with this comment.

1 hour ago, a4poster said:

I am talking about the Royal Mail.  Another national treasure that since privatisation now see profit over service.

I write this once again as my Speedway Star has failed to arrive.  They can blame the Christmas rush or COVID-19 but the bottom line is when you purchase the postage you enter into a contract with them to deliver your items within a certain time span.  Something that it appears to be failing all too often.

Get into the real world. There are far more important things to be concerned about these days than the late delivery of a speedway magazine! It will turn up.

10 hours ago, Noodles said:

Does Poland now have the best postal Service? 

Probably.  No doubt they won't let their postmen deliver in the rest of Europe. 

16 hours ago, JohnHyam said:

Get into the real world. There are far more important things to be concerned about these days than the late delivery of a speedway magazine! It will turn up.

Like watching the adverts on an online forum...

• Haha 1

Had an order that was paid to be delivered in 48 hours, took 7 days !! On enquiry to royal mail reply was due to covid delivery takes up to 10 days, so the firm I bought the item off is not getting the service they paid for !!