British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BuxtonTiger

Connor Bailey - Suspension

10 minutes ago, BuxtonTiger said:

Can anyone explain what Connor has done to be suspended in Australia? Will the suspension also apply to racing in the UK?

From his facebook page

Hi everyone, just an update on my situation as of right now.
I have had my Australian speedway license suspended. The alleged reason is because I did not comply to a verbal interview with an investigator who was appointed to investigate the legality of my facebook post regarding Danny May's actions at Gillman Speedway on the 14th of November. Despite supplying all relevant information in response via email on the 11/12, I did not recieve a response until 7.32pm on the 23rd of December, after Motorcycling Australia had closed for the Christmas break, which encompasses my upcoming meetings. This was a notification that my license had been suspended through failure to comply to a verbal interview, despite supplying all relevant information that had been asked of me. I immediately responded to this email with a phone call to the supplied number, in order to comply with a verbal interview, and have my suspension lifted. After having said interview with the investigator in question, I assumed that my suspension would be lifted, as I had now complied with the conditions of the suspension. That I would be able to continue with my plans of racing in any Australian speedway events, in particular the Gillman Solo Spectacular on 28/12, the U/21 Australian Title on 29/01, and the FIM Oceania Solo Speedway Championship on 30/01. Despite contacting the MSA board of directors this morning, it would appear that the suspension will remain in place indefinitely.
The disappointing fact of the matter is that despite complying in a pertinent and timely manner, my name has been struck from the Gillman Solo Spectacular meeting. As far as I am aware at this point in time, I will not be racing at the Gillman Solo Spectacular, or any meeting in Australia due to the unconscionable suspension that I have sustained. I am very sorry to all those who were coming to watch the meeting and catch up. Unfortunately my hands are tied.
The effects of this suspension will be felt thoroughly, as I can now no longer race nor practice anywhere in Australia whilst it is in place. I am totally gutted after investing a significant amount of money and effort into transporting my motors, and riding equipment into Australia, to support Australian Speedway events, in particular Gillman Speedway, where I was invited to ride in all events.
Devastated with this turn of events, my original post didn't breach any M.O.Ms or LAW, yet I am suspended. I stand by my post, and decision to shed light on the ongoing bullying I have faced. No action has been taken against Danny May, by neither Gillman Speedway nor Motorcycling South Australia to date.

His November facebook post

**Disclaimer, I have taken the audio off the video, my page is and will remain a family friendly page**
I had some good racing last night at the Gillman Solo Championship, it was great to work on the setup and try a few things to get myself comfortable and competitive. Unfortunately, my night was overshadowed by the abuse of myself and my family by the drunken Danny May. It really took my focus off the night itself and ruined the mood of my first meeting back.
Sadly, this has become the norm for me racing in Australia over the past 5 years. The non stop bullying and ostracisation I have been on the end of since my junior speedway days on the 125cc. Quite frankly, it is upsetting that all of this has stemmed from multiple specific families who have constantly tried to bring me and my family down and ensure that my career in speedway never took off. I even thought that by going to the UK, landing my dream job and getting closer to my ultimate goal, that it would stop, that I might have earned some respect and professionalism out of these people. This was of course not the case, everything followed me. While I was racing in the UK, many of my sponsors new and continued alike were contacted by an OFFICIAL from Mildura Motorcycle club who proceeded to defame me, and attempt to dissuade them from sponsoring/supporting me. Not to mention, the continued attempts by Australian riders, and other people who have jumped on board the hate train to bring me down and ensure that anyone who is perceived to be helping me, ceases immediately. I am so glad for the people who have come forth and told me when and who said such things, and for the continued support. I cannot put into words how grateful I am for your ongoing support, and for seeing through the lies of those who are set on destroying any happiness or success that I find in speedway.
I usually try to let my riding do the talking, however it has come to a point now where I am being affected on race night by people who hate me. I am there to ride my bike, do my job, and ultimately enjoy myself. I do not want to be, nor have my family sworn at or harassed just because I am there, it is disgraceful that these people think it is okay to do this.
THIS IS NOT OKAY. Bullying is not okay on any level whatsoever, it is ridiculous that I have had to put up with this since I was 13 years old. My whole speedway life has been an uphill battle, any support I gain, is immediately taken from me. Don’t worry though, I will continue fighting, and I will be the best, nothing will stop me.

Who's Danny May ? Is he someone in a position of authority within the sport, or just a speedway fan with a grievance ?

Edited by Triple.H.

Connor ......Fight the good fight with all thy might

Good luck with your Speedway battle to get to the top.

This all sounds a bit strange.
Does anyone know the background to this alleged harrasment that Connor is suffering from?

Who's he being replaced by? David East?

There was a lengthy article in the Speedway Star a while back about Connor and his family that included allegations of abuse and bad behaviour towards them and indications that was one of the reasons for moving over to the UK and basing here.

I will have to check but at some point didn't Connor apply for UK citizenship based on birthplace of a parent of grand-parent?

Whatever has happened it would seem that bridges have been burnt quite badly.

23 minutes ago, Midland Red said:

What’s the background? Why the abuse etc?

What ever it is I don't think anyone is going to come out of this with any credit.

To be honest with you, I've never heard of him. I'm totally out of touch with current speedway affairs. Since the first lockdown, my interest has dwindled away.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On facebook someone has posted a sort of update that Gillman Speedway have stated that he is back in their line-up for their meeting today/tomorrow, which suggests that someone in authority has restored his licence?!

Don't know if its true or not

7 hours ago, HenryW said:

This all sounds a bit strange.
Does anyone know the background to this alleged harrasment that Connor is suffering from?

It does sound a bit strange, he fails to give any information why this harassment came about.He obviously has upset someone at one time ,whatever for we are not being told,he certainly gets to give his side without divulging any reason for the harassment.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

On facebook someone has posted a sort of update that Gillman Speedway have stated that he is back in their line-up for their meeting today/tomorrow, which suggests that someone in authority has restored his licence?!

Don't know if its true or not

Let's hope its true Skidder. The sport can certainly do without infighting within speedway in any country.

• Like 1

I’m guessing this Danny May is some relation to the young rider Liam May ?