British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coldace

Vertically challenged riders

52 minutes ago, coldace said:

46554030_ArthurBrowningandSorenSjosten.thumb.jpg.7075de26457af6eb6a5298bef33a97aa.jpg

There was a photo of Arthur on track adjacent to 'Mini-Maestro' Paul Gachet (as he was known) taken at Arlington many years ago I remember.

Found this, seems that Billy, George and Peter were the same height

• Like 1

On 1/1/2021 at 10:02 AM, nw42 said:

Soren Sjosten was  responsible for this 7 year old genuinely believing I would only need to wait a couple of years and I could become a fully fledged Belle Vue Ace, if someone as diminutive as Soren could do it with such style and success then nothing was going to stop me, nothing!

I'm 61 in Feb and I've still never sat astride a running speedway bike, yet I still think I could've been a contender, maybe this will be the year I finally make it to a ride n slide day, if only to put my dreams to bed.

I will come with u , the number of times i have passd ivan on the last corner at wembley only to be woken up by the alarm clock lol i have to give it a go 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, geoff100 said:

I will come with u , the number of times i have passd ivan on the last corner at wembley only to be woken up by the alarm clock lol i have to give it a go 

You're on mate, seriously, as soon as it's all back on again.  I've been racing for years, never once fell out of my armchair when cornering and that includes the tight tracks like Arlington, scored paid 11 last time I rode at Monmore  Green, when in doubt wind it on.

Lets ride speedway!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1