British Speedway Forum
Falcon1983

Temporary Plan for 2021?

23 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Well I looked at your starting list and have pulled the following off the net and I have removed the ones I know for sure who aren't riding in the UK this year and there will be a few more who wont be riding on the here that others know for sure who will not be available and maybe one or two more who will be but I think we will struggle...

The pot is still half full but I think someone might have had a Pee in it when no one was looking...

All were used in the last full season (2019)

1   Aaron Summers 26   Danyon Hume 51   Joe Thompson 76   Matt Marson 101   Sam Jensen
2   Adam Ellis 27   David Bellego 52   Joel Andersson 77   Matthew Wethers 102   Sam Masters
3   Alex Spooner 28   David Wallinger 53   Jordan Jenkins 78   Max Clegg 103   Scott Campos
4   Alfie Bowtell 29   Dawid Lampart 54   Jordan Palin 79   Michael Palm Toft 104   Scott Nicholls
5   Anders Rowe 30   Dimitri Berge 55   Jordan Stewart 80   Mikkel B Andersen 105   Simon Lambert
6   Ashley Morris 31   Drew Kemp 56   Josh Auty 81   Nathan Greaves 106   Stefan Nielsen
7   Ben Barker 32   Edward Kennett 57   Josh Bailey 82   Nathan Stoneman 107   Steve Worrall
8   Ben Morley 33   Ellis Perks 58   Josh Bates 83   Nick Agertoft 108   Tero Aarnio
9   Bradley Wilson-Dean 34   Erik Riss 59   Josh Grajczonek 84   Nick Morris 109   Thomas Jorgensen
10   Brady Kurtz 35   Fernando Garcia 60   Josh MacDonald 85   Nicklas Porsing 110   Tobias Thomsen
11   Broc Nicol 36   Georgie Wood 61   Josh Pickering 86   Nicolai Klindt 111   Tobiasz Musielak
12   Cameron Heeps 37   Hans Andersen 62   Justin Sedgmen 87   Niels-Kristian Iversen 112   Todd Kurtz
13   Charles Wright 38   Henry Atkins 63   Jye Etheridge 88   Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen 113   Tom Bacon
14   Chris Harris 39   Jack Holder 64   Kasper Andersen 89   Paco Castagna 114   Tom Brennan
15   Claus Vissing 40   Jack Smith 65   Kristian Pieszczek 90   Paul Starke 115   Tom Perry
16   Connor Bailey 41   Jack Thomas 66   Kye Thomson 91   Rasmus Jensen 116   Tom Woolley
17   Connor Coles 42   Jacob Bukhave 67   Kyle Bickley 92   Richard Andrew 117   Troy Batchelor
18   Connor Mountain 43   Jacob Thorssell 68   Kyle Howarth 93   Richard Lawson 118   Ty Proctor
19   Craig Cook 44   Jake Allen 69   Kyle Newman 94   Richard Lawson 119   Ulrich Ostergaard
20   Dan Bewley 45   James Sarjeant 70   Leon Flint 95   Richie Worrall 120   Valentin Grobauer
21   Dan Gilkes 46   James Shanes 71   Lewis Kerr 96   Ricky Wells 121   Victor Palovaara
22   Dan Thompson 47   James Wright 72   Luke Becker 97   Rob Ledwith 122   William Lawson
23   Daniel Gappmaier 48   Jason Edwards 73   Luke Chessell 98   Rory Schlein 123   Zach Wajtknecht
24   Danny King 49   Jed List 74   Luke Harris 99   Ryan Douglas 124   Zaine Kennedy
25   Danny Phillips 50   Joe Lawlor 75   Luke Ruddick 100   Ryan Kinsley 125    

So let the scratching begin and lets see what we are left with as like I have said there will be loads of these on here who will not be back any time soon... and the bottom line is we require at least 96(ish) riders as a minimum...

Regards
THJ

Great list 

I've counted at least 26 riders who possibly wont come to Britain to race with 6 of those 100% definitely not in the UK 

Leaves slim pickings 

If you go back to my theory you're literally asking teams at the AGM who wants to sit out 2021 but here is what we want to do in 2022 so plan early

Whatever they decide they need to also have 2022 more or less sorted in terms of set up even if you pencil Swindon in and they dont return 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Great list 

I've counted at least 26 riders who possibly wont come to Britain to race with 6 of those 100% definitely not in the UK 

Leaves slim pickings 

If you go back to my theory you're literally asking teams at the AGM who wants to sit out 2021 but here is what we want to do in 2022 so plan early

Whatever they decide they need to also have 2022 more or less sorted in terms of set up even if you pencil Swindon in and they dont return 

So with potentially 26 off that list it means we are starting to get down to the magical 96 figure for the two leagues and all you need are a few injuries and that will potentially wipe out a team as there will be no viable replacements, so back to R/R and Guests and we all know how everyone loves them... Think Plymouth might be disappointed... (hope not but it isn't looking good)

However that still doesn't improve the position for 2022 either unless its North and South Leagues with doubling across the leagues or one big league but for one big league you are back in the same predicament that there just isn't the riders available to run one big league with 7 man teams 126 riders for 18 teams 108 for sixes and 90 for five man teams... the other problem is "our usual go to rider pool i.e. foreign riders... are not the easy option they used to be following Brexit"

Taxi for anyone... could be time to go...

Regards
THJ

Should Jason Garrity (R/R) be on the list? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

So with potentially 26 off that list it means we are starting to get down to the magical 96 figure for the two leagues and all you need are a few injuries and that will potentially wipe out a team as there will be no viable replacements, so back to R/R and Guests and we all know how everyone loves them... Think Plymouth might be disappointed... (hope not but it isn't looking good)

However that still doesn't improve the position for 2022 either unless its North and South Leagues with doubling across the leagues or one big league but for one big league you are back in the same predicament that there just isn't the riders available to run one big league with 7 man teams 126 riders for 18 teams 108 for sixes and 90 for five man teams... the other problem is "our usual go to rider pool i.e. foreign riders... are not the easy option they used to be following Brexit"

Regards
THJ

Somehow in the past teams were put together without averages being used. Simply put it was 3 heat leaders 2 second strings and 2 reserves.

If promoters can for once come together for the sake of the sport and put aside their own interests then maybe, if the season can start, get a semblance of a competition going.

Who will really care who rides for who so long as it gets speedway going and I’m convinced people will want live entertainment after so long away from the sport.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards
THJ

I think Plymouth might well be in line to replace Somerset?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lefty said:

Should Jason Garrity (R/R) be on the list? :rolleyes:

May well be needing to ask if he is available on day release...

I just want to know what this "new concept" is when the b.s.p.a release the fixture list.in my honest opinion I would be surprised if we saw a speedway season again this year.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Moranboys said:

I just want to know what this "new concept" is when the b.s.p.a release the fixture list.in my honest opinion I would be surprised if we saw a speedway season again this year.

Bet it will be something to do with helmet colours, or maybe 4 man teams 5 laps races going clockwise and the season starts 1st November.    ;)

5 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

Bet it will be something to do with helmet colours, or maybe 4 man teams 5 laps races going clockwise and the season starts 1st November.    ;)

Nice one...!!

On 1/14/2021 at 5:22 PM, GWC said:

Somehow in the past teams were put together without averages being used. Simply put it was 3 heat leaders 2 second strings and 2 reserves.

If promoters can for once come together for the sake of the sport and put aside their own interests then maybe, if the season can start, get a semblance of a competition going.

Who will really care who rides for who so long as it gets speedway going and I’m convinced people will want live entertainment after so long away from the sport.

Wether they can afford it is another matter. I lived on a diet of non league football since late August, averaging about £8 a game. I've turned into a right tight wad during lockdown. I'm certainly going to be more choosey when elite sport gets going for fans again.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Wether they can afford it is another matter. I lived on a diet of non league football since late August, averaging about £8 a game. I've turned into a right tight wad during lockdown. I'm certainly going to be more choosey when elite sport gets going for fans again.

Well unless the league structure changes our local track for Premier League speedway will be the ever so handy Peterborough!

Guess our paths will mainly cross at Kent and Eastbourne

26 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Well unless the league structure changes our local track for Premier League speedway will be the ever so handy Peterborough!

Guess our paths will mainly cross at Kent and Eastbourne

If they run Arnie, i am not counting any chickens. It's going to be a slow plod to get us out of this pandemic.

• Like 1