British Speedway Forum

With regards to limited crowds, what parameters would you set for admittance, I would not be best pleased if I had taken time off work and driven several miles to support

my team as I used to do wherever Newcastle were riding away from Brough Park and be told "Sorry we cannot allow you into the Stadium.

Promoters were glad for the extra supporters from other tracks who went because they knew Newcastle were an entertaining Team and would give the home team

a run for their money.

Edited by scampispeedway
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, scampispeedway said:

With regards to limited crowds, what parameters would you set for admittance, I would not be best pleased if I had taken time off work and driven several miles to support

my team as I used to do wherever Newcastle were riding away from Brough Park and be told "Sorry we cannot allow you into the Stadium.

Promoters were glad for the extra supporters from other tracks who went because they knew Newcastle were an entertaining Team and give the home team a run for their

money.

Limited crowds would be controlled by buying tickets in advance online and allowing entry by ticket only. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, lewy said:

Limited crowds would be controlled by buying tickets in advance online and allowing entry by ticket only. 

Welcome to the digital revolution.  ;)

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

It'll cost him more if he doesn't.

I know it's a cliche but he's been there before & got out a jail by going straight back up  & it wouldn't surprise me if it was in the contract & they go down cabbage heed gets sacked with no compo & if he keeps them up he won't get a bonus.. much easier watching & enjoying a propa rugby game

57 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Welcome to the digital revolution.  ;)

The thing is with the ticket online sales a lot of folk don't have the internet ! So possibility of quite a bit of lost revenue there 

1 minute ago, Justgotmecpc said:

The thing is with the ticket online sales a lot of folk don't have the internet ! So possibility of quite a bit of lost revenue there 

No need to be just get a mate to purchase tickets for you 

5 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Better get the internet then, the digital world isn't going away. :unsure:

5 minutes ago, lewy said:

No need to be just get a mate to purchase tickets for you 

and pay them contactless. ;)

Ruff is correct, the digital age is here. It is also the only way entry can be controlled. Tickets would have to be bought online if there is a restricted number of fans allowed. I can’t see how doing it any other way would be cost effective or practical.

3 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

Ruff is correct, the digital age is here. It is also the only way entry can be controlled. Tickets would have to be bought online if there is a restricted number of fans allowed. I can’t see how doing it any other way would be cost effective or practical.

If covid restrictions are still in place this would required anyway, with social distancing required, one way system and sanitising stations in place, this was what had to be done at Plymouth last season. 

57 minutes ago, lewy said:

If covid restrictions are still in place this would required anyway, with social distancing required, one way system and sanitising stations in place, this was what had to be done at Plymouth last season. 

And it worked well for the Scunny meetings last year, when the limit for tickets was 500, and was overseen by the council and they are happy with the arrangements.

• Like 1

Suppose 1 good thing about online ticket sales will be correctly go back into the coffers under the new promotion !

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

And it worked well for the Scunny meetings last year, when the limit for tickets was 500, and was overseen by the council and they are happy with the arrangements.

While speedway crowds are not great,the last thing they want is crowd restrictions.IMO

Both Worralls, Lewis Kerr and Rose (any chance of a comeback), John and Chris? Louis, Danny Bird.  All over 21 when they made their speedway debuts. As 2 pointers (or equivalent) Hardly a rare occurrence.

It's really simple use experience (instead of age) and performance to determine the grading.  Allow anyone with less than 30 matches experience at the start of a season to be a grade 2 unless they've averaged between 3 & 4 across say a minimum of 16 matches. In which case they are graded 3.  Anyone averaging over 4 reverts to their actual CMA.

Any rider who has over 30 matches but less than 60 is a grade 3 regardless of average unless they average over 4 in their up to 60 matches.

Anyone who has over 60 matches is a minimum of a 4 point average.

Maybe even allow U21 riders a few more matches to attain the standard if thats the preference but don't shut the door on late starters.  But do clear out the ageing experienced 3 pointers.

Wonder if the race format will change slightly to mean that reserves come up against heat leaders less often? I like the Polis race format but instead of 2 nominated races, just have one and add a second reserves race... Gets a bit boring watching the likes of Danny Phillips Vs Steve Worrall etc... Because before the tapes go up you already know the results. And things like that are just gonna happen more often now, with the likes of Joe Alcock and co entering the league but the likes of Cookie and Charles Wright (Or any of the heat leaders really) still being involved