British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

The other concern I have is over Claus if he doesn't get a top league team over here as to date he has committed to the UK and Denmark only as far as I am aware and I know he also has a job back home... if he cant get it to pay in the UK there will be a lot of travelling and under the current environment with Covid what impact will this have on his travel arrangements with this new proposed ruling committing all travellers to a 2 weeks isolation period coming into the UK which would stop him doing the hop in and out that Danes usually do and will surely stop him from racing in the UK... if these rules are still being enforced it could make it very difficult for him or is he classed as a "sportsperson" and with a negative Covid test I have read that Cricketers; Tennis Players; Footballers and Football Managers have all been good to go after 4 days isolation which makes a big difference... Again maybe one to watch!

Regards
THJ

What ye heard?  ;)

Would 4 days isolation work with speedway, say in Claus' case wouldn't he have to be here by at least Wednesday before a Sunday meeting, then there's away fixtures,,, aren't Danish fixtures on a Wednesday?

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

What ye heard?  ;)

Would 4 days isolation work with speedway, say in Claus' case wouldn't he have to be here by at least Wednesday before a Sunday meeting, then there's away fixtures,,, aren't Danish fixtures on a Wednesday?

Not heard nowt to be fair am just making it up as the Makem would say...

I was just thinking about the proposal that Nicola Sturgeon is pushing to isolate all people coming into Scotland from abroad for a full two weeks isolation in a hotel but wanting it rolled out across the UK which would shaft any European Rider wanting to "flit" "in and out" of the country as they usually do or have done in the past... however I read that the new Chelsea Manager Thomas Tuchel was good to go after 4 days following a negative Covid test; however on reading further he was in a "Sporting Bubble" apparently which I have also heard recently has applied to Footballers; Cricketers and Tennis players... So the question is "what impact will this have on "Wor Claus"... we do still have 3 months to go before we get to May but if the international status on Covid isn't as bright as the UK is looking with our vaccine roll out then this could have an impact on anyone travelling in an out of the country... If Claus had a UK top team doubling up would this make a difference for him travelling.... Would he knock a 16 meetings or so season in Denmark on the head if he had a doubling up roll with the potential of 40 + meetings in the UK and stay here for longer rather than travelling...

Just thinking on me feet and generating a little debate; because as the Makem will tell ya; you cant beat a "Mass Debate" giggity-giggity and he should know as all Makem's are "Mass Debaters"

Regards
THJ

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

I was just thinking about the proposal that Nicola Sturgeon is pushing to isolate all people coming into Scotland from abroad for a full two weeks isolation in a hotel but wanting it rolled out across the UK which would shaft any European Rider wanting to "flit" "in and out" of the country as they usually do or have done in the past... however I read that the new Chelsea Manager Thomas Tuchel was good to go after 4 days following a negative Covid test; however on reading further he was in a "Sporting Bubble" apparently which I have also heard recently has applied to Footballers; Cricketers and Tennis players... So the question is "what impact will this have on "Wor Claus"... we do still have 3 months to go before we get to May but if the international status on Covid isn't as bright as the UK is looking with our vaccine roll out then this could have an impact on anyone travelling in an out of the country... If Claus had a UK top team doubling up would this make a difference for him travelling.... Would he knock a 16 meetings or so season in Denmark on the head if he had a doubling up roll with the potential of 40 + meetings in the UK and stay here for longer rather than travelling...

Just thinking on me feet and generating a little debate; because as the Makem will tell ya; you cant beat a "Mass Debate" giggity-giggity and he should know as all Makem's are "Mass Debaters"

Regards
THJ

Aye, definitely still many things to consider,,, but if Wee Jimmy Krankie gets her way, she'll have Hadrian's Wall rebuilt and, where would that leave Glasgow, Edinburgh and Berwick?  ;)

A see what you mean about Claus and getting a second team, wasn't sure if he had to do the Danish meetings tho, or is that just the Danish championships?

Edited by ruffdiamond

2 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Aye, definitely still many things to consider,,, but if Wee Jimmy Krankie gets her way, she'll have Hadrian's Wall rebuilt and, where would that leave Glasgow, Edinburgh and Berwick?  ;)

Ave got Brickies at the ready is there's a job to do... good rates available...

Berwick as much as they wanna be Scots are in England and that leaves a League of two over the border!!! maybe they can apply to ride in one of the European leagues... What about Poland!!! or the up and coming United States of Europe League... after that Brexit carry on the last thing I think any Nationalist should consider is breaking away from a country that you have a land border with... I wanted to stay in but out prevailed and that's democracy but the whole show is stuffed now... we should be pulling together not splitting apart... I would hate to loose Scotland as part of the union as much as I take the Mickey we have to much common heritage to walk away from each other... and anyway who would the Tories kick if they went? we would be the furthest North then and fighting them alone... not good...

Regards
THJ

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards
THJ

The point on Tuchel joining the Chelsea support bubble is a good one - because that simply won’t work in Speedway terms. He joined Chelsea’s bubble and then remains in it. Using Brady Kurtz as an example as I know he has a Polish team. He can’t fly in and out of the country effectively leaving a support bubble in Poland, joining one in England, to then leave it and rejoin his Polish bubble - not without a period of isolation.... not to mention if he’s then got other teams around Europe!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Najjer said:

The point on Tuchel joining the Chelsea support bubble is a good one - because that simply won’t work in Speedway terms. He joined Chelsea’s bubble and then remains in it. Using Brady Kurtz as an example as I know he has a Polish team. He can’t fly in and out of the country effectively leaving a support bubble in Poland, joining one in England, to then leave it and rejoin his Polish bubble - not without a period of isolation.... not to mention if he’s then got other teams around Europe!

Be careful saying that about Kurtz you will have a certain BV fan on your tail :rofl:

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

A see what you mean about Claus and getting a second team, wasn't sure if he had to do the Danish meetings tho, or is that just the Danish championships?

Would not effect Berwick:rolleyes:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Would not effect Berwick:rolleyes:

On 03/02/2021 at 11:01 AM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

So here's a thing 

Will any of the current Newcastle team get the opportunity to Double Up...

Max Clegg surely must get a top league spot as a 4* Rising Star reserve rider; James Wright must be a good "risk" for someone on the average he is on; however I am surprised we have heard nothing about Claus Vissing or Ben Barker who have a pedigree riding in the top tier previously; also Weathers and Roynon in as the second reserves this year before the two RS guaranteed places kick in for next year could give these two an opportunity in the top league that they otherwise might not have done... Be interesting to see how it pans out....

The other concern I have is over Claus if he doesn't get a top league team over here as to date he has committed to the UK and Denmark only as far as I am aware and I know he also has a job back home... if he cant get it to pay in the UK there will be a lot of travelling and under the current environment with Covid what impact will this have on his travel arrangements with this new proposed ruling committing all travellers to a 2 weeks isolation period coming into the UK which would stop him doing the hop in and out that Danes usually do and will surely stop him from racing in the UK... if these rules are still being enforced it could make it very difficult for him or is he classed as a "sportsperson" and with a negative Covid test I have read that Cricketers; Tennis Players; Footballers and Football Managers have all been good to go after 4 days isolation which makes a big difference... Again maybe one to watch!

Regards
THJ

Is there any over 8 pointers( Brits ) available who could do a job at number 1 if claus can't make for these rules.. wonder if Lewis Bridger would fancy it...Just a thought

From what I'm hearing I need a bigger hat to store the information... & While I remember what is black Sabbath's biggest hit ? Answers please as it's got my canister done in

13 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Is there any over 8 pointers( Brits ) available who could do a job at number 1 if claus can't make for these rules.. wonder if Lewis Bridger would fancy it...Just a thought

Not too sure how many points we would have to play with, if Claus was/is unavailable,,, can't make head nor tail of John's 2021 signings page. Sure were well under the build limit, so maybe even a 10+ rider doubling down?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Justgotmecpc said:

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Not too sure how many points we would have to play with, if Claus was/is unavailable,,, can't make head nor tail of John's 2021 signings page. Sure were well under the build limit, so maybe even a 10+ rider doubling down?

Here's a thing

If Nicola Sturgeon locks Scotland down and stops cross border travel how the hell would Edinburgh and Glasgow compete... they would be totally stymied... I know May is a long way off but she is just looking for an excuse...

Regards 

THJ  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Here's a thing

If Nicola Sturgeon locks Scotland down and stops cross border travel how the hell would Edinburgh and Glasgow compete... they would be totally stymied... I know May is a long way off but she is just looking for an excuse...

Regards 

THJ  

More to the point, what will I do with me Scottish notes?,,, av been saving them up for a rainy day. ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Here's a thing

Regards 

THJ  

I can help her put the  last brick in the wall just to keep her out of England :D

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

More to the point, what will I do with me Scottish notes?,,, av been saving them up for a rainy day. ;)

& What about your old money they all in the same safe !!

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Plenty rainy days in jockland at the mo