British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Not too sure how many points we would have to play with, if Claus was/is unavailable,,, can't make head nor tail of John's 2021 signings page. Sure were well under the build limit, so maybe even a 10+ rider doubling down?

Sorry... so...

It's a spread sheet and I just bang the name and the numbers in an it does the rest however what you may need to know is...

Every club has 41 build points... Brits get a 2.5% reduction on their average... you must pick a Rising Star Reserve at No 7 who has a 1. 2. or 3 star rating and depending on which one you pick results in what you have left to build your 1 to 6... so you will be left with 40. 39. or 38 build points for the rest of your team depending on your Star pick choice... now stick with it Ruff as that may not be true because reading on the Rising Star thread  someone has said that a 1* rated rider will get a 2 point average which I dont think is right... however I have known to be wrong before so we will have to wait on that one....

Therefore for the Newcastle team at the minute with a 1* reserve I am assuming we have 40 build points left for our 1 to 6 unless matey boy on the other thread is right then we will only have 39 points left for our 1 to 6.... it will be easily changed once we get confirmation of how it will all work... 

I have just noticed on that it doesn't come out to well on my phone screen either so if I get time I will have a butcher's tomorrow and see if I can get it looking better on a smaller screen...

Phew... simples... eh...

Regards 

THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Edited for accuracy
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

so if I get time I will have a butcher's tomorrow and see if I can get it looking better on a smaller screen...

Surly as boss of a multi £ company you can find some time for messing about on a computer :D

13 minutes ago, Neila said:

Surly as boss of a multi £ company you can find some time for messing about on a computer :D

No mate... it's Poets Day tomorrow and I will be heading over to the town recently voted "the best place to live in Allerdale" following a poll in the Times and Star...

Quick site visit to a job in Carlisle then offski...

Been a long week...

Regards 

THJ 

voted "the best place to live in Allerdale" following a poll in the Times and Star...

Surly you should know not to believe what you read in the local press !!!:D

New topic on riders from 1 to 7 from the last 20 years or so who were ok but not mega but gave the crowd happiness ! Derrol Keats springs to mind ! Not the best but gave his all 

Confirmed as correct and as ststed on the Rising Star thread a 1* rated rider will get a 2 point average which is the same as a 2* rated rider.... the 3* rated rider will get a 3 point average...

Regards 

THJ 

3 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Sorry... so...

It's a spread sheet and I just bang the name and the numbers in an it does the rest however what you may need to know is...

Every club has 41 build points... Brits get a 2.5% reduction on their average... you must pick a Rising Star Reserve at No 7 who has a 1. 2. or 3 star rating and depending on which one you pick results in what you have left to build your 1 to 6... so you will be left with 40. 39. or 38 build points for the rest of your team depending on your Star pick choice... now stick with it Ruff as that may not be true because reading on the Rising Star thread  someone has said that a 1* rated rider will get a 2 point average which I dont think is right... however I have known to be wrong before so we will have to wait on that one....

Therefore for the Newcastle team at the minute with a 1* reserve I am assuming we have 40 build points left for our 1 to 6 unless matey boy on the other thread is right then we will only have 39 points left for our 1 to 6.... it will be easily changed once we get confirmation of how it will all work... 

I have just noticed on that it doesn't come out to well on my phone screen either so if I get time I will have a butcher's tomorrow and see if I can get it looking better on a smaller screen...

Phew... simples... eh...

Regards 

THJ 

A knaa aal of that man!,,, a just cannit see how many were at noo?,,, we must be well short of 39 or 40, so if Claus wasn't available, we could have his 8.43 plus extra? 

But, like you say, it doesn't look well on your phone screen too, I only can see the names and no numbers/averages, if that makes sense?

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

A knaa aal of that man!,,, a just cannit see how many were at noo?,,, we must be well short of 39 or 40, so if Claus wasn't available, we could have his 8.43 plus extra? 

But, like you say, it doesn't look well on your phone screen too, I only can see the names and no numbers/averages, if that makes sense?

Yep for possibly the first time ever you make sense...

We would have just owa 12 points to play wid...

So if there was anyone oot there to get we could have anyone if that makes sense...

Regards 

THJ 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Yep for possibly the first time ever you make sense...

We would have just owa 12 points to play wid...

So if there was anyone oot there to get we could have anyone if that makes sense...

Regards 

THJ 

A new ye'd new wot a was on about, but not unlike many, sometimes ye miss the simple part of the question. Enjoy your poetry day. :t:

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Confirmed as correct and as ststed on the Rising Star thread a 1* rated rider will get a 2 point average which is the same as a 2* rated rider.... the 3* rated rider will get a 3 point average...

Regards 

THJ 

I can't believe you had to check a man of your undoubted knowledge 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Tidied up a bit and I can now see the numbers on me phone...

Next updates I will have another go at getting it to fit better on the phone screen...

To answer the question we would have 12.09 to play wid should lockdown; lock up; hotel quarantine; in out shake it all about cause problems getting in and out of the country...

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn

9 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Tidied up a bit and I can now see the numbers on me phone...

Next updates I will have another go at getting it to fit better on the phone screen...

To answer the question we would have 12.09 to play wid should lockdown; lock up; hotel quarantine; in out shake it all about cause problems getting in and out of the country...

Regards
THJ

Yes 12.09, that's exactly what a got when I figured out that the numbers to the right, read down over. But anyway it looks much better now, well done. :t:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Hans Anderson ?

Still has some Polish commitments I believe and being a Sunday track will make it very difficult...

However I would be happy to watch Hans he's still a class act...

Regards 

THJ