British Speedway Forum

Thorsell dropped by Wolves due to “commuting concerns”

Going back to the British League whether  we want to or not

Edited by Chewbacca
  • Like 2

Will be nice to see Bjarne back at Brough Park when Plymouth arrive and injury permitting,Shame it is not in a diamonds body colour.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, soupy said:

Will be nice to see Bjarne back at Brough Park when Plymouth arrive and injury permitting,Shame it is not in a diamonds body colour.

deleted

Edited by Skidder1

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

As long as he doesn't have a Polish fixture?!

Who does he ride for in Poland Skidder ?

5 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Who does he ride for in Poland Skidder ?

Apologies. He's declined a Polish contract!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Apologies. He's declined a Polish contract!

No need, i genuinely didn't know if he had a Polish gig...

2 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

No need, i genuinely didn't know if he had a Polish gig...

I'm making an assumption here as he is signed for Esbjerg in Denmark and now 2 leagues in UK so.................?

44 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I'm making an assumption here as he is signed for Esbjerg in Denmark and now 2 leagues in UK so.................?

Has he not signed for Opole in Poland who are in the second division which means he can do 3 Leagues and they ride on a Saturday? 

Think I read that somewhere on here a while back... Could be wrong like...

Regards
THJ

6 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Could be wrong like...

What THJ admitting he could be wrong !!!:o

18 minutes ago, Neila said:

What THJ admitting he could be wrong !!!:o

Aye it doesn't happen very often but it has been known... and always big enough to admit it... 

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Has he not signed for Opole in Poland who are in the second division which means he can do 3 Leagues and they ride on a Saturday? 

Think I read that somewhere on here a while back... Could be wrong like...

Regards
THJ

Polish second division would be 2 other leagues.

• Thanks 1

On 2/4/2021 at 6:20 PM, Justgotmecpc said:

Is there any over 8 pointers( Brits ) available who could do a job at number 1 if claus can't make for these rules.. wonder if Lewis Bridger would fancy it...Just a thought

Bridger said in SS few weeks ago that he wants top flight place then might consider CL later on. 

On 2/5/2021 at 3:29 PM, Dandelion said:

Jacob Thorsell? Nearly signed for us a few years ago and will be in the uk anyway for Wolverhampton?

Thorssell not back for Wolves and unlikely to be racing in the UK. 

20 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Bridger said in SS few weeks ago that he wants top flight place then might consider CL later on. 

Thorssell not back for Wolves and unlikely to be racing in the UK. 

Aye... I suggested that before Wolves dropped him, or released or whatever you want to call it

Just had some very sad new that Barry Simpson has passed away (Yesterday 17/02/21)

Barry was one of our stand in Starting Marshalls when Phil Day was missing and Simmo was the regular Starting Marshall at Redcar when wearing those Jim Platt style gloves (ex Boro Goalkeeper) that made his hands look huge (always made me laugh). He also was the owner of Simpson Racing and provided fuel and spare parts to the riders.

Barry was a regular at Brough and would always come into the bar after the meeting for a bit of craic and a white wine spritzer or a half of beer which would be roundly mocked (and I always seemed to pay for by the way now that I think of it) but as he was usually driving it probably made good sense.

RIP Barry you will be sadly missed (your turn for the beers the next time mate) and thinking of his friends and family at this very sad time...

Yours sincerely
John...

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

13 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Just had some very sad new that Barry Simpson has passed away (Yesterday 17/02/21)

Barry was one of our stand in Starting Marshalls when Phil Day was missing and Simmo was the regular Starting Marshall at Redcar when wearing those Jim Platt style gloves (ex Boro Goalkeeper) that made his hands look huge (always made me laugh). He also was the owner of Simpson Racing and provided fuel and spare parts to the riders.

Barry was a regular at Brough and would always come into the bar after the meeting for a bit of craic and a white wine spritzer or a half of beer which would be roundly mocked (and I always seemed to pay for by the way now that I think of it) but as he was usually driving it probably made good sense.

RIP Barry you will be sadly missed (your turn for the beers the next time mate) and thinking of his friends and family at this very sad time...

Yours sincerely
John...

Barry was 1 of speedways best & fought MND with all his strength but it took him far to early RIP bazza

• Like 4