British Speedway Forum

So here's the rub... Brough Park can officially hold 1200 souls and that should mean 600 fans will be allowed in from the 17th of May 2021 (quick quiz... any guesses on the importance of that date)

Anyhoo here is the main question... Who would be prepared to pay a premium to see their Speedway once the stadium opens and be 1 of the 600... this is due to the fact that there will potentially be more people wanting to watch than can be allowed in...

Also how would we accommodate any away fans... big dilemma... or do we wait until Boris and his "data not dates" confirms that  we can allow the full compliment of 1200 fans in..

Also what premium if any would anyone be prepared to pay to get a bit of normality...

Regards 

THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn

5 minutes ago, Jonnybegood said:

Open up the back straight for spectators ? Get the numbers up ..

Back straight ? 

6 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Back straight ? 

Where the old grandstand was 

6 minutes ago, Neila said:

Where the old grandstand was 

Nothing there now apart from the greyhounds property & it would take a miracle to get a temp stand put up... 

What was the average crowd of Newcastle last year  , I believed it was less then 600 on the occasions I was there

4 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

What was the average crowd of Newcastle last year  , I believed it was less then 600 on the occasions I was there

Think last year they had an  average of about 0

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Think last year they had an  average of about 0

It averaged 1 when Tosh went.

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

So here's the rub... Brough Park can officially hold 1200 souls and that should mean 600 fans will be allowed in from the 17th of May 2021 (quick quiz... any guesses on the importance of that date)

Its ya birthday?

Would the 600, be inclusive of staff/volunteers?

32 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

The last year they run the average was just over that figure... I was told (and I don't know how true it was and have no way of confirming it) that there was approximately 118 season ticket holders down from the previous year from 134 and the average crowd was 550 going through the turnstyles so around 680 but what I couldn't ascertain was if kids were included in that figure... the records available were not very good (at all) and the best laugh was when I was told for the KOC Final against Redcar they had around 600 people in attendance when the place was packed... it may have clicked up 4 figure or at least over a 900 crowd by my estimation... it might have been 300 freeloaders who made the numbers up or they could have been making up the shortfall on he VAT who knows.. 

Oh hang on they weren't paying VAT were they... doh!!! So who knows because it was in George we put our trust and look what happened...

Oh dear...

Regards 

THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn

8 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Its ya birthday?

Would the 600, be inclusive of staff/volunteers?

No it was me late Mothers birthday like and mine is 3 days after that... no Ruff you have really let the side down because it's the official anniversary of the club... it's the club's official birthday and this year it's 92 years old...  (I think)

On ya other question I don't know but as a guess thinking about the football they don't include the staff... so I don't think the 150 who get in through the pits entrance free will be counted... although I think Rob Grant might be shutting that laal loophole down once we get started...

Just saying like... as he old saying goes...

Regards 

THJ 

11 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

The last year they run the average was just over that figure... I was told (and I don't know how true it was and have no way of confirming it) that there was approximately 118 season ticket holders down from the previous year from 134 and the average crowd was 550 going through the turnstyles so around 680 but what I couldn't ascertain was if kids were included in that figure... the records available were not very good (at all) and the best laugh was when I was told for the KOC Final against Redcar they had around 600 people in attendance when the place was packed... it may have clicked up 4 figure or at least over a 900 crowd by my estimation... it might have been 300 freeloaders who made the numbers up or they could have been making up the shortfall on he VAT who knows.. 

Regards 

THJ 

Would not believe any figures from the past promotion, unless it was a VAT return !!:blink:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

No it was me late Mothers birthday like and mine is 3 days after that... no Ruff you have really let the side down because it's the official anniversary of the club... it's the club's official birthday and this year it's 92 years old...  (I think)

Sorry to let the side down, but a can't remember that long ago, but it is me nephew's birthday.  ;)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards 

THJ 

A remember that night and, remember jokingly commenting on there being more Redcar fans than Diamonds fans. ;)